Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: City of Mok Torkan

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Default City of Mok Torkan

This is my city of Mok Torkan. It is done in the Mike Schley overland style imported into Perspectives 3 for cc3+. I took some advice and didn't become afraid of some things extending beyond the map so that is why some things are cut off. I've always wanted to be able to make my own cities that look like Mike Schley's cities and I think I figured out how to merge it all together to make something nice.

Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City of Mok Torkan.PNG 
Views:	1244 
Size:	7.42 MB 
ID:	90095  

Oh man that is awesome !. Totaly Mike style, the strokes, colours and what a detailed rich city. Must have taked long time. Only ground is different, dosent mean bad. Totaly worth a rep. Great piece. Is there a school where they teach dow to draw like that ?

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Can't rep you at the moment, but that looks completely awesome. Did you do this completely in CC3?

@Voolf lol, I'm not sure.

@Wired Yeah, totally in cc3+ and perspectives 3, the add on for cc3+. This is what it looks like with the sheets and effects turned on in cc3+. I was surprised to be able to get it to look like this. I figured there would be all sorts of hassles with things lining up properly but it turned out ok.

Oh! That is beautiful, Tonnichiwa

I will have to come back and rep it once I've gone round the circuit a couple more times, because I already repped you for the Edge of Creation map!

Highly inventive and original

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

It looks awesome. When I dabbled around with CC3 back in 2008 this would have been impossible. Cool to see how far the program's come, and what talented people can squeeze out of it.

Thanks Mouse. Glad you like the map. There are four other city styles I want to try out and see if I can do the same thing with those.

Thanks again Wired. CC3+ is a whole different monster than cc3 was. You can even work with the sheets and effects on all the time. cc3 used to crash anytime I tried that. Everything works much better and seems to draw more quickly and I think much better.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Reall great job on this one Tonnichiwa! I've never tried my hand at CC3, but I've seen plenty of mixed results coming from it. As Wired said, the results can really be great when someone with an artistic eye and a bit of know how gets their hand at it, and you definitely fit that bill.

Thanks GLS. Glad you like it. Now if I could only learn how to make money at it...lol

There's an easter egg in this map...

Can you spot the goat?

I'm ashamed to say it took me about 10 minutes to find that goat. Great map, btw.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast