Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A set of Atlantide Maps

Default A set of Atlantide Maps

Hi folks !
    Here is my latest production. It is the map of Atlantis as i imagine have survived the flood, until the year 1892. This is an alternate reality where the Rome domination of the occidental world has been set down by the Hellenic era survival.
    The style is similar to the one of this late 19 century (see here).
    Made with Procreate on IPad 2, Inkscape and GIMP under ubuntu.
    Feel free to criticize, praise or flee !
    Cheers.

PS : There will be other version of this map (i hope so).
    Great thanks to all my fellows guilder who help me with kind words and advices in the wip thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlantide-synthese_bis.jpg 
Views:	1178 
Size:	5.04 MB 
ID:	90302  

Splendid map! I just love the style you developed here. The caterpillar mountains, the colors, the frame and elements... everything is harmonious and works perfectly together.
    I'm looking forward for the other version .

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Sir Mikolai's Avatar

I really like this! Everything about it. The part that has me in awe the most is the way you have the states highlighted, and also with their own flags and stats. The whole thing is just too beautiful to go in detail :p
    "Give them nothing. But take from them, everything"

Brilliantly finished. Well done Warlin

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Simply excellent. I'm pretty sure I love everything about this map...

This is a great piece of work, I have watched its progress and watched it take shape. I have to admit to finding it difficult to visualise at first but as the stages went on I could see more and more its setting and context. Well worthy of the rep already given.

Now, if you can somehow get this to go viral as a rare, recently found 19th century map of actual Atlantis before it sank in 1896 or something, and have people believing it, I will keep repping you for a whole year

Thanks guys ! Glad you like it.
    The next version will come after the christmas and new year celebrations. I have to take some break from this map to accumulate inspiration and motivation .

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    This is a great piece of work, I have watched its progress and watched it take shape. I have to admit to finding it difficult to visualise at first but as the stages went on I could see more and more its setting and context. Well worthy of the rep already given.

Now, if you can somehow get this to go viral as a rare, recently found 19th century map of actual Atlantis before it sank in 1896 or something, and have people believing it, I will keep repping you for a whole year
    ninja !
    Indeed, if I manage to have people believe such a story, a land in front of the road to the americas, near the Portuguese (so wonderfull navigators), not discover before the early 1900, I'll lose faith in the intellectual capacities of the human species !

I'm sure there are plenty of people on conspiracy websites would believe that the location has been kept a secret because Elvis and Princess Diana are there. Or something.

OK, I'll rep you for a whole year if you can get it sufficient recognition for Snopes.com to give it a red light. If they give it a green light I shall become your personal slave for life
    Last edited by Straf; 12-17-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast