Neighboring Districts:

06: ???
    07: Innominate Bluffs of the Polyrapt [Falconius]
    17: No name yet [Azelor]
    19: ???
    20: ???
    30: The Water Merchants [Redrobes]
    32: TheHoarseWhisperer

So here's the start of my section. I haven't done much besides the general layout of the streets and gates. Next I will try to figure out what sort of people live in this area. To the south west is Azelor's shady (shadiest?!) district of Guild City, so that might influence my section and to the north is TheHoarseWhisperer's industrial/mechanical region that pollutes the area. Any suggestions are very welcome so speak your mind!

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild_City_1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	90959

Let me know what you think!

-Dan
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 01-11-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Can you somehow find a way to spin and weave the industrial smoke pollution into shadowy cloth so that shadow tailors can make them into shadowy garments? Then the shadier elements of the city can purchase purchase said garments to make them hidden in the shadows so they can go about their dastardly deeds unseen

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Can you somehow find a way to spin and weave the industrial smoke pollution into shadowy cloth so that shadow tailors can make them into shadowy garments? Then the shadier elements of the city can purchase purchase said garments to make them hidden in the shadows so they can go about their dastardly deeds unseen
    Ah, now I need to have a location for the Guild of Shadow Weavers, or the Shahdiza, as they are known secretly amongst the less noble folk.
    I'm doing that. Yep.

Heyo neighbor. From the map I was assuming there was a fissure or sort of depression between us where the grey shadeing is. Having it solid might be a better idea though. On mine I made plans for a bridge there from one side to the other. Thinking about it I think flat is best, but also appears to be somewhat unstable ground there is a river busy undermining everything there after all.

That is just the faint tracing of underground waters
    Not actual shadowing.

Ah ok, I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Hmm, very interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Ah, now I need to have a location for the Guild of Shadow Weavers, or the Shahdiza, as they are known secretly amongst the less noble folk.
    I'm doing that. Yep.
    Don't you try and steal my district's business! We're exceptional at what we do, and you'd be no competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Heyo neighbor. From the map I was assuming there was a fissure or sort of depression between us where the grey shadeing is. Having it solid might be a better idea though. On mine I made plans for a bridge there from one side to the other. Thinking about it I think flat is best, but also appears to be somewhat unstable ground there is a river busy undermining everything there after all.
    Yeah, good catch about the river undermining things. Might not be a good idea to fill that place with buildings...

-Dan

If there isn't an Assassin's Guild somewhere in this city, I'm going to be very disappointed.... (hint, hint)
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

On the underground river thing...

Having an underground river doesn't necessarily mean the top side is unstable. Far from it. Limestone is incredibly strong material and doesn't crush or collapse all that easily. That's why half of London is built of the stuff. Just imagine the sheer tonnage of St Pauls Cathedral sitting on its limestone foundations...

I would actually be more worried generally about the cliff edge overlooking the sink holes, since they were once underground caverns that got to be so huge that the dome of the roof collapsed in and any overhang is no longer supported by an opposite arch.

In most cases the limestone roof over an underground river isn't going to collapse unless the space it is required to span exceeds a certain width, which takes thousands of years to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    If there isn't an Assassin's Guild somewhere in this city, I'm going to be very disappointed.... (hint, hint)
    Then I'd imagine there'd have to be a supplier of lacy lingerie for the assassins to wear beneath their black clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    On the underground river thing...

Having an underground river doesn't necessarily mean the top side is unstable. Far from it. Limestone is incredibly strong material and doesn't crush or collapse all that easily. That's why half of London is built of the stuff. Just imagine the sheer tonnage of St Pauls Cathedral sitting on its limestone foundations...

I would actually be more worried generally about the cliff edge overlooking the sink holes, since they were once underground caverns that got to be so huge that the dome of the roof collapsed in and any overhang is no longer supported by an opposite arch.

In most cases the limestone roof over an underground river isn't going to collapse unless the space it is required to span exceeds a certain width, which takes thousands of years to happen.
    Some of the domes collapsed because of ice expanding and fracturing the rock, then it melted again and there was nothing to hold it up. At least I think that's how pingos are formed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast