Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Land of Verda (commission)

Default Land of Verda (commission)

I finished this one about a month ago for a client who needed a map for his rpg game. This map will go with set of dungeon maps made by another member of our guild.

I had fun creating this world. It came with new challenges and some difficulties, but i think i overcame most of them. I am pleased with the outcome, as the client (i hope).

You can see a WIP thread here, if you want o read more.

Enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verda_labels_long_resize.jpeg 
Views:	4431 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	94710

Very nice one Voolf! Your linework and coloring/texturing is great. I like how you have extended the map over the border. It looks very cool!

Guild Expert

This went straight into my inspiration folder, you're work is amazing every piece is better then the last.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Very awesome, Voolf! I was wondering when this was going to appear on here! Your ability to capture the highlights and shadows across the piece is just marvellous. Though I'm not a huge fan of the forest style like the one at Everwoods (it's a bit bubbly for my tastes), the coniferous style and the one across Baznia are really superb.

Also, the labelling is very well done, apart from one teeny tiny spot at the Sunken Temple where it's a little hard to read.

Generally, just an all round awesome job! I look forwards to getting some of those dungeons up at some point too!

*EDIT* Also, I'll rep when I can, but unfortunately as I said to John earlier, the Lite Challenge has completely run me dry of rep for 24hrs. Once again, really fantastic work and details.

Oh my! Now that is just uber pretty

This is beautiful! I love the way you did the water around the shores, very different and awesome to look at. Top notch map!

Beautiful work Voolf.
    Lots of stuff to see while visually wandering this map.

Gorgeous map Voolf! your style is really "eye catching", pleasant colors and lot of details!

Beautiful map, with so many little details to catch the eye. I like the forests and the sense of texture that they have, and the mountains are fab. I love the subtle colouring over the different terrains too. It all melds together perfectly. The only thing I'm not quite keen on is the wave effect around the coastlines. It looks a little too scribble-ish to me, tbh, but I think it's a personal taste thing.

It's a glorious map and one to be proud of!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Very nice one Voolf! Your linework and coloring/texturing is great. I like how you have extended the map over the border. It looks very cool!
    Thank you. The border was an inspiration from one of the map i found here in CG .

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This went straight into my inspiration folder, you're work is amazing every piece is better then the last.
    Thank you kacey.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Very awesome, Voolf! I was wondering when this was going to appear on here! Your ability to capture the highlights and shadows across the piece is just marvellous. Though I'm not a huge fan of the forest style like the one at Everwoods (it's a bit bubbly for my tastes), the coniferous style and the one across Baznia are really superb.

Also, the labelling is very well done, apart from one teeny tiny spot at the Sunken Temple where it's a little hard to read.

Generally, just an all round awesome job! I look forwards to getting some of those dungeons up at some point too!

*EDIT* Also, I'll rep when I can, but unfortunately as I said to John earlier, the Lite Challenge has completely run me dry of rep for 24hrs. Once again, really fantastic work and details.
    I thought Baznia forests are more bubbly o.O. Maybe i will lessen shade and light on deciduous next time. You are right about Sunken temple. It was hard to place it there becuse of trees and rivers over there. It is readable in original size, but i dont like it either. It is the best i could do placeing it over that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh my! Now that is just uber pretty
    Uber thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    This is beautiful! I love the way you did the water around the shores, very different and awesome to look at. Top notch map!
    Thanks, i like the waves too, simple but match map nicely imo.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Beautiful work Voolf.
    Lots of stuff to see while visually wandering this map.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Gorgeous map Voolf! your style is really "eye catching", pleasant colors and lot of details!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Beautiful map, with so many little details to catch the eye. I like the forests and the sense of texture that they have, and the mountains are fab. I love the subtle colouring over the different terrains too. It all melds together perfectly. The only thing I'm not quite keen on is the wave effect around the coastlines. It looks a little too scribble-ish to me, tbh, but I think it's a personal taste thing.

It's a glorious map and one to be proud of!
    Thanks ChickPea, haha yeah they look scribble-ish when zoom in I wanted to try something new here and i was focusing on getting the right effect for print version of the map. There is one more map with less labels and is smaller where that coastline waves gives much better impression.

Thanks for comments and reps.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast