Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May / June '17 Lite Challenge: Map a Summer Vacation Getaway

Post May / June '17 Lite Challenge: Map a Summer Vacation Getaway

May / June '17 Lite Challenge: Map a Summer Vacation Getaway

Summer is upon us (at least for those of us living in the Northern Hemisphere). So your challenge is to map a summer vacation getaway. A trip to the Bahamas, Disney World, Camping in the Mountains, Backpacking through Europe, Cruising from Seattle to Alaska, a What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas Vacation. You can map the journey / route to get there or a map of the destination and the things you would like to do. This could be a real vacation that you are planning, or a dream vacation if you win the lottery. Other than that you can make the map in any genre, any style you want.

Use your imagination. Use your skills. Have some fun. Win a silver compass, you know you need one.

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of June (more or less depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Shiny Silver Compass.

As usual, title your threads: "May / June '17 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a new WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.

Why do you taunt us Southern Hemispherites like so, Bogie?
    Sounds fun to me; I might take a crack at a topo map...

Quote Originally Posted by Corilliant View Post
    Why do you taunt us Southern Hemispherites like so, Bogie?
    Sounds fun to me; I might take a crack at a topo map...
    It's only because you get to laugh at me when I am chin deep in snow in February

Hope you get a chance to post an entry!

Hmmm, I sort of have an idea that involves a yacht and a lottery win.

I think we all have that idea from time to time, Straf

Hehe I want to revive my Mordor Holiday Resort map. I mean, what better place could there be for a holiday...

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. If you always wanted that trip to Mars, maybe this is your chance (to map it, anyway).
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

There are only 3 of us so far? I can't believe no one else has an ideal holiday dream!

Hmm, couple months ago i was looking through some Europe castles and places. I found Corfe Castle, which is in your delightful Dorset Mouse. I would love to visit. Does that make me to map your city ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    There are only 3 of us so far? I can't believe no one else has an ideal holiday dream!
    Mine looks suspiciously like a bed with an arrow pointing off-map to "Wife and Kids". Not a great map lurking in that one, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Hmm, couple months ago i was looking through some Europe castles and places. I found Corfe Castle, which is in your delightful Dorset Mouse. I would love to visit. Does that make me to map your city ?
    I think planning a holiday in Corfe would make for a gorgeous map (and I'm wishing I had thought of that first! LOL!), but you'd be missing my place by about 15 miles or so

The Castle is absolutely steeped in history, and the village of Corfe itself (where there are several places to stay) is as old as the castle.

Go for it!

EDIT: I just checked out the street view of Corfe Castle, and got this view. Who is the strange monk guy with a leather satchel? If you turn around in the view no one else seems to notice him.
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-31-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast