Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** June 2017 Challenge: Re-invent the Hanging Gardens ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** June 2017 Challenge: Re-invent the Hanging Gardens ***

Aside from being awesome when you built it in some of the Civilization games (it gave you extra food or something, if I recall), the Hanging Gardens is just a cool idea all the way around. Mouse came up with this month's Challenge, so praise unto her. TheHoarseWhisperer had a good suggestion for it too:
    Quote Originally Posted by THW
    However, if everyone just maps a terraced pyramid with plants, then it might be a little dull. Maybe people could be encouraged to 'reinvent' the Hanging Gardens: that might make it more exciting. Perhaps there'll even be literally hanging gardens...
    So here's the challenge: Your mission is to take the idea of a Hanging Garden/Wonder of the World and re-invent it. You can always map what you think the literal Hanging Gardens of Babylon might have looked like, but you can also go crazy and map a miles-high wizard's citadel drenched in hanging plants, or a floating rock with the gardens hanging down to the ground, or a canyon with the gardens planted on the walls. Whatever your fertile (get it?) imaginations can come up with, really.

This month's challenge will run until approximately 9PM Pacific time, on the evening of Friday, June 30th. You might even get some extra time, because I have to do inventory at work that night (yay!) and may not get home until very late.

Title your threads like so: June 2017 Challenge: <your title here>

Also don't forget to put the WIP tag in front of all your work-in-progress images. There's a button for the tag in the tool bar, or you can type it in manually, like this: ### Latest WIP ###

Voting will last three days, after which the winner will get a brand-spankin' new Golden Compass. Good luck, Gardeners!
    Last edited by Diamond; 06-05-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo

A garden where an evil emperor likes to hang people.... I like that idea!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I got one: a Elvish city with hanging gardens adorning many of the buildings. Maybe I'll give this challenge a try.

This... is an exciting challenge.

For some reason I've gone blank on the original inspiration, but I'm sure I will think of something

Guild Novice

Really cool challenge idea - excited to see what people do

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Aside from being awesome when you built it in some of the Civilization games (it gave you extra food or something, if I recall), the Hanging Gardens is just a cool idea all the way around. Mouse came up with this month's Challenge, so praise unto her. Straf had a good suggestion for it too:

>8 SNIP
    I was wondering when I posted that so I went and had a look. It was TheHoarseWhisperer who put forward that suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Dang, that was the first thing that came to my mind also. You know what they say about great minds....

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    That is so creepy... A Garden of Corpses.

I think I might stick with the original theme - a garden created by a king for the love of his homesick queen

That might be a bit too sugar-coated sweet for most people, but I like it.

Either that, or a vertical fruit farm of the future in the middle of a city

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast