Thread: First Hand-drawn Map

Guild Novice

Map First Hand-drawn Map

The story behind this map is pretty simple, I asked my dad to sketch an outline of a continent and give me some descriptive words. So he followed my instructions and told me it would be arctic and mountainous. I just went from there and I feel like it turned out very good! At least for my first time, hehe. If you're wondering why there aren't any names, there are two reasons: I don't like my handwriting, and I wanted it to be a blank slate, so people could look at it and make their own stories and come up with why things are there on their own. Why is that forest on the inland side of mountains? Why is there some giant crater? What's that point of interest in the middle of nowhere? It's all up to your imagination!

Feel free to use this for whatever you like, but if you post it anywhere (Not sure why you would, it's decent at best =P) be sure to give me credit!

Oh! And for the markers:

Dots are cities
    Dots with circles around them are major cities
    Squares are point of interest
    Dotted lines are paths
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcticMap.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	5.64 MB 
ID:	96750  

It's a pretty map (the picture is a bit dark, sadly). I especially like the crater.

Have to agree with Ilanthar that it's a shame the image is a bit dark, but your drawing is very nice. Looking forward to seeing more of your maps.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Great map. I really like the shadow you added on the coasts, it added great depth to the shores. Good job!

This is great! Nice work. I especially like the floating islands.

Inspiring map, good cliffs
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Guild Novice

Thank you all for your kind replies! I'll be sure to get a brighter image for any other maps I do!

This is a very beautiful and graphic map

The only thing that I would critizise is that the shape of the continent 'follows' the format of the paper a bit too much. It looks a bit too rectangular in its general shape.
    The map still looks good, but this is a thing you could keep in mind when drawing future maps.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by HadrianVI View Post
    This is a very beautiful and graphic map

The only thing that I would critizise is that the shape of the continent 'follows' the format of the paper a bit too much. It looks a bit too rectangular in its general shape.
    The map still looks good, but this is a thing you could keep in mind when drawing future maps.
    Of course! I just didn't do that for this map because I had my dad do the outline (I had everyone I know do one and I chose my favorite =P), and I wanted to follow the outline as best as I could.