15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure!

14 93.33%
  • Keep dreaming...

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map a dream

Default Map a dream

I'm not sure if I'm qualified to suggest anything, given that I've never actually entered a challenge myself, but what the hell...

My idea is pretty straightforward: map a place from a dream. It would of course be more fun if you were mapping something you've really seen in a dream, but since it's pretty hard to actually prove that, I guess you could just settle for making up a place that you see being 'dreamlike'.

I don't know about you guys, but my subconscious is often pretty darn talented at creating weird and exotic locations, and I've often been thinking it would be fun trying to make a map out them sometimes.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

That kind of gives the lucid dreamers a heck of an advantage, but since I am one, I'd love to

The only question now is - do we have to draw the animal in who's shape we were flying at the time?

Why of course! As the owner of a very abstract and downright insane subconscious, I'd also have to draw the sheep that I randomly turned into halfway through

Hmmm.... I make death defying leaps over voids, knowing its a dream and that therefore I can jump it because its only a dream.... or I fight a whole swarm of crocodiles off a sinking island with a sword made of cardboard by temporarily turning it into steel - because its a dream and I know its a dream. The one I'd like to map, however, is my favourite flying dream, where I sometimes ride, and sometimes am, the massive white dragon soaring over the wilderness higher than the highest peaks. I'm just not certain I could actually draw the beast! LOL!

I've always envied you folk who have dreams like that. While I am almost always aware that I am dreaming, I've never been able to truly take control. I just know its a dream, so I kinda play along with it. I've also never had the same dream twice. What's hilarious though, is that while I'm dreaming, my mind thinks I have. I sometimes have dreams that are supposedly part of a larger narrative, and I often have a strong sense of déjà vu when I'm dreaming - but the minute I wake up, I know for sure I've never dreamed anything of the sort before.

I like the ones where I get to wake up laughing my head off at some dastardly joke I've just played on someone who got the better of me in real life

I'm not sure anyone would want to see the dark, twisted dreamscapes my mind can come up with...but hey, it would definitely be interesting to try!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

I dreamt I was drinking with Ernest Hemingway the other night.

Did he tell you any nice tall tales?

I can't remember. Which if I really was drinking with him then I would probably not remember that either. I believe he knew how to handle his gin pretty well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast