Thread: July 2017 Challenge Entry: The Palace of Vithmunda

Default July 2017 Challenge Entry: The Palace of Vithmunda

Hi all,

I entered this in the July random location challenge and had a great time putting it together. I figured I'd post it here as I've never actually posted a finished map before!

I got some really great encouragement while working on this and some of the feedback I got from those who repped me was great and very encouraging as a lot of you highlighted elements I was really happy with myself. In general I'm happy with the layout and tone and the humour and how it became a very iterative process as I worked on it

Attachment 98200
    The Palace of Vithmunda

I also mentioned that I might post some of the images I used to create the main image. I got them from https://pixabay.com/. Perhaps the catalyst for the whole design was the first image below. That's right, the orbital weapons platform began life as a building and its reflection I wonder did many of you notice this

Attachment 98201
    Building clipped and rotated 90 degrees CCW

Attachment 98202
    Used as a background image

Thanks again for your encouragement during the challenge and for having a look at this thread, too

I'm one of those mappers who doesn't care how much of a map is pasted from something else, because it takes an artist to see the potential of one image to be part of another, and to scale, position, trim and modify the colours and tones to mould it into a new image.

You have excelled yourself in this production, Weery