Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talaghar (personal project)

Default Talaghar (personal project)

Southern part of a Talaghar kingdom, spreading up to northen mountain range. Beyond that the continent is unexplored, hence no towns and labels (but let's be honest, i was just lazy )

I had great fun at the beginning with the perspective and showing the round planet shape with the horizon. I haven't thought much about where should be what and just added stuff on the fly. If you find something unreal, it is because it is an unreal, fantasy world . Ok seriously, point that out, i will make a mental note. In the end i struggled with the colours, i still think something's off, but all in all, i am pleased with the map... almost

I did not make a proper WIP thread for this map, but i did post some wips in my miscellaneous art thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Talaghar_finished.jpeg 
Views:	1217 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	98238
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Unusual to see a perspective map like this - it has the effect of being viewed from a balloon. Very original, it's great!

Every bit as beautiful as it was promising to be right from the start

EDIT: Apparently, even though I've been repping away like crazy with the challenge entries, I've done you too recently to rep you again right now

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Unusual to see a perspective map like this - it has the effect of being viewed from a balloon. Very original, it's great!
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Every bit as beautiful as it was promising to be right from the start

EDIT: Apparently, even though I've been repping away like crazy with the challenge entries, I've done you too recently to rep you again right now
    Thank you Sue. You have repped me for my recent map, yes, don't worry
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Well, it's another top-notch quality map with a kind of a J.Edward view. In a word, "splendid" .

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Well, it's another top-notch quality map with a kind of a J.Edward view. In a word, "splendid" .
    Thanks. I was more imspired by Chashio work this time, creating this horizon view

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Splendid work!
    Thank you Francesca
    New Horizons

Support:

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

A fantastic map ! I think that you are one of the members of the guild with which I seek the most inspiration ... and this map will give me many ideas, tips and tricks for my drawings ! Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    A fantastic map ! I think that you are one of the members of the guild with which I seek the most inspiration ... and this map will give me many ideas, tips and tricks for my drawings ! Thanks !
    Wow that is really high praise. Thanks JO !
    New Horizons

Support:

Magnificent ! I love the lonely boat sailing north !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast