Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** October 2017 Challenge: A Word, A Quest ***

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    I imagine the focus is mainly on the map. If you want to write a story, I'm sure that's fine too, but it's the map that's really key.

With mine, I might include a bit of info at the side of the map, but nothing much. I might write up a bit of lore to go on a post, but that's more just for fun!
    Thanks for the help! Guess I will try to do this challenge..

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

The focus is the map, of course. Part of the challenge of this Challenge is how you represent your five (or more) words to visually show a quest. I can't make it too easy, right?

Oh D! I'm supposed to be doing another city... but this one has got to me.

I'll die for sure, but it will be funny watching me try my first real regional map

After watching you create some of my favorite Guild maps ever, I have no doubt you'll do fine.

Really? I'm deeply flattered Wow!

And this is going to sound like someone saying 'me too', but I greatly admire your work (and I envy your drawing ability like crazy!)

Hmmmm... Have an idea.

One query: Does using genre appropriate synonyms go too far in bending the "you can modify the words" bit? For example, "saloon" or "bar" instead of "tavern"? My idea should work either way, just curious for word usage.
    Last edited by Daistallia; 10-07-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Hmm. I'll allow that, as long as you reference in your thread which word(s) are being changed, and as long as you don't try and stretch it too far. To use your example, no 'restaurant' or 'dinner party' instead of tavern.

Cool - the example was specific. Have a sort of western theme. I could make tavern fit, but saloon would be my first choice. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Hmm. I'll allow that, as long as you reference in your thread which word(s) are being changed, and as long as you don't try and stretch it too far. To use your example, no 'restaurant' or 'dinner party' instead of tavern.
    Bah! You're like one of those breakfast places that charges extra for black pudding instead of letting me swap it for an egg. I don't want two eggs, I always find one is un oeuf.

Oh GROAN!!!!

What would we do without you, Straf? LOL!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast