View Poll Results: Multiple Choice Voting!!!

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Master Li and the Road to the Wandering Gun Saloon, by Daistallia

2 5.71%
  • Against the Peacock Throne, by Diamond

25 71.43%
  • Juando, the Dragon Island, by GLS

19 54.29%
  • Quest for the Zjed'Uhn Diamond, by ladiestorm

6 17.14%
  • The Story of Golthra and Iriana, by Mouse

12 34.29%
  • Map Retrieved from a Smuggler's Corpse, by NoneTheWiser

3 8.57%
  • Quest of the Child of Stars, by rdanhenry

0 0%
  • Quest of the Drunken Master, by tilt

3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** October 2017 VOTING: A Word, A Quest ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** October 2017 VOTING: A Word, A Quest ***

Okay ladies and germs, time for another challenge to end! This month everyone was given a list of words to use as prompts to illustrate an epic quest of some type. A lower turnout than I expected, but that's okay. I received some good feedback, and I'll tweak and refine this challenge if we ever run it again.

Notes:
    -Warlin withdrew from the challenge; his map doesn't show up in the poll for voting.
    -NoneTheWiser did not tag his entry with the ### Latest WIP ### tag, so his map doesn't show up in the thumbnails below, but you can still vote for it!

Here are your entrants:

Challenge Entry Pics

Take a look, and cast your votes. Voting will end about this time on Friday (about 9PM Pacific Time). The winner gets a shiny Goooooooooolden Compaaaaaas! (best read with reverb)
    Last edited by Diamond; 11-01-2017 at 12:04 AM.

This was HARD!!! to vote I mean. And I won't be here Friday to see who wins. My hubby's taking me out for my (gulp!) 50th birthday!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Well, I ended up not finishing, but I guess I can claim it technically is valid because you can see at least five of the words clearly used in the illustrations. I will try to actually complete it in December. I did learn from the experience, so that's a kind of win, and I didn't think I'd be a serious challenger in any case, so I'm reasonably content. I just wish I could have grabbed a couple more hours to have something a bit less blatantly incomplete on the bottom layer.

Given the number of entries, I felt two votes was appropriate. Daistallia got my vote for most original take on the challenge. NoneTheWiser gets the second vote for a simple map, but one that looks like it really could have come from an adventuring source. The notes are wonderful, and the map is distressed without overdoing it. The forests are shown in a completely "unrealistic" way, but very clearly in a plausible manner for a functional map.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Well, I ended up not finishing, but I guess I can claim it technically is valid because you can see at least five of the words clearly used in the illustrations. I will try to actually complete it in December. I did learn from the experience, so that's a kind of win, and I didn't think I'd be a serious challenger in any case, so I'm reasonably content. I just wish I could have grabbed a couple more hours to have something a bit less blatantly incomplete on the bottom layer.

Given the number of entries, I felt two votes was appropriate. Daistallia got my vote for most original take on the challenge. NoneTheWiser gets the second vote for a simple map, but one that looks like it really could have come from an adventuring source. The notes are wonderful, and the map is distressed without overdoing it. The forests are shown in a completely "unrealistic" way, but very clearly in a plausible manner for a functional map.
    Thank you.

Oh Storm, your just a baby - I'm a whole year and a half older than you are.

Happy Birthday for 3 November!

Just a quick note here - for voters. As a general rule I only very rarely vote for unfinished maps myself, so please don't ANYONE feel bad about not voting for mine since it isn't finished, and I wouldn't vote for me either if I wasn't me and could vote for it... er... if you see what I mean. I happen to feel that I made a serious mistake in the final hours when I decided to change all the mountains anyway

EDIT: I had to limit myself to just three votes, but it was hard to choose which ones! In the end it was down to a list of finished maps

Thank you so much for setting this Challenge, Diamond. I really enjoyed taking part, and I've learned far more than I would normally learn in a single challenge. I've learned how to use Krita, which, by the way, is an excellent piece of software. The only two things that were surprisingly not very good were the way it couldn't cope with larger files, and the labelling facility. The rest of it seems to me to be far superior. Bit of a learning curve, but far more intuitive than GIMP!
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-01-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was a little busy (see my thread) and didn't manage to finish unfortunately, but lovely work all around - hope to join the next challenge instead ... and I will finish the map in good time now
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

You drew a beautiful city, tilt. I hope you will finish it. I'm going to finish mine (I'll wait for the voting to finish before I start a WIP for it though - to avoid any confusion by imposing a different picture in the memory of voters).

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You drew a beautiful city, tilt. I hope you will finish it. I'm going to finish mine (I'll wait for the voting to finish before I start a WIP for it though - to avoid any confusion by imposing a different picture in the memory of voters).
    You too Mouse, look forward to seeing your map finished, it looks beautiful already
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    My hubby's taking me out for my (gulp!) 50th birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh Storm, your just a baby - I'm a whole year and a half older than you are. Happy Birthday for 3 November!
    It's so cute when the kids talk about their birthdays, Happy Birthday Storm!!

Picture of my last birthday party:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old dude birthday.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	100734
    Last edited by Bogie; 11-01-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    It's so cute when the kids talk about their birthdays,
    Bogie was the optometrist that gave Ben Franklin the idea for bifocals...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast