View Poll Results: Oct / Nov '17 Lite Challenge: Map an Island - Pick a Shape - CAST your VOTE

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terra Incognita by fol2dol

4 11.11%
  • Haraan by Hart

1 2.78%
  • The Free Nation of Venezia by industrygothica

25 69.44%
  • Principality of Skyhold by InfiniteBlue88

1 2.78%
  • Domnio Spes'Boscoso by jbgibson

1 2.78%
  • Salvayke by jshoer

12 33.33%
  • Arata by Kier

10 27.78%
  • Spyrmenchi Island by ladiestorm

3 8.33%
  • West Prapihn Islet by mixerbach

1 2.78%
  • Thunder Island by QED42

7 19.44%
  • Vanatun by Redrobes

1 2.78%
  • Imperial Dragon Island by ScottDA

10 27.78%
  • Waskingdale Island by Straf

7 19.44%
  • La 31ème île d'Inktober by ThomasR

25 69.44%
  • New Summerset by tilt

1 2.78%
  • X Marks the Spot by waldronate

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oct / Nov Lite Challenge: "Map an Island - Pick a Shape" TIME TO VOTE

Question Oct / Nov Lite Challenge: "Map an Island - Pick a Shape" TIME TO VOTE

Oct / Nov Lite Challenge: "Map an Island - Pick a Shape" TIME TO VOTE

This month's Lite Challenge asked you to map an Island. How you do it is up to you. Use your favorite style or try something new.
    The only requirement is that you have to use one of the 4 shapes provided and the island should be approximately 150 miles ( 241 km ) across.
    We have 16 great entries for you to vote on.
    Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.
    CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 16 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like.

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass, and our praise!
    Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.
    Last edited by Bogie; 11-15-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Dang. That was a bit difficult to limit myself to three. Rep incoming for you scalawags!
    Last edited by Diamond; 11-15-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Well I've no intention of being anywhere near as disciplined as all that!

I will try for just half the field - but even that is going to be a tough one to decide.

So many islands! So many choices!

This may take a considerable while!

It was a fun challenge Good luck everyone.

Lots of great entries this month, really interesting to see all the different styles that people used.

Guild Artisan

A lot of solid entries this time around. Really great to see so many takes on the same Islands.

Well done everyone.

Guild Journeyer

Some well done entries! Y'all should congratulate yourselves.

It wasn't easy! Even though I allowed myself to pick 8 of 16, it still wasn't easy!

I limited myself to 3. It was hard to choose as there was a lot of effort put in by all.

Once again on a personal level I have used this challenge to try some new things out. This was my first go at using Wilbur for anything and I am very impressed. I can see myself playing with that a lot more. It is quite unpredictable for me so throwing different things at it is quite good fun.

I followed this Arsheesh tutorial a bit but found that I needed to deviate and do my own stuff as well. The forest areas I made my own texture and if anyone wants it I'll be happy to share it. I used that as a layer with an opaque mask that I then painted (white?) onto to reveal the texture where I wanted it. I did use the gradients recommended and moved the triangles until I got what I thought was near enough what I was looking for. I didn't need the Arctic ones but I used one of the desert ones to put a more sandy effect around the coast and in parts of the land to 'patchy' it a bit.

After that it was a case of just using other techniques that I've learnt in the past year. To think I was doing crude drawings of ice cream vans entering the innards of fish less than a year ago! I'm so happy I found this pla(i)ce

I'll be posting in Finished Maps as I hope everyone else will be too. One thing I have to say is I am really looking forward to seeing what Greason Wolfe is going to do because that is such a promising start and earlier in the contest I had it already fixed as a potential vote winner for me. Also although not appearing the voting because he disqualified himself by winning a gold, JO's map thread should be checked out as it's an inspiration for us Lite entrant plebs

As Diamond once said - rep is incoming to everyone in this challenge

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast