Hi,

I started running a D&D campaign for a few of my university friends at the beginning of this semester. Not the semester is coming to an end and the adventure I picked for the beginning is also almost done. So I got to planning the further development of the storyline. It will lead the players through the countryside to a great city. So I naturally had to draw some maps.

This is my first post. I drew a lot of inspiration from other submissions on this page, so I just felt it was my turn to put something here.

In the top left corner of the regional map you can see the "Lost mines of Phandelver" map, the one we started off with, however I expanded on it and translated a few of the names into German. The entire map is kept in German with (old-)German (fantasy) style place names, because we are Germans, playing a game in the German language in Germany, and it is really odd to constantly have to pronounce English place names.

For the regional map I tried to go with the Tolkien-esque style, the city map is a simple overview. I tried to divide the city into districts of different wealth and usages (housing/stores/religious/manufacturing). It is supposed to have about 10000 inhabitants. While the regional map is pretty finished (except you have suggestions of course (yes, that is supposed to be a canyon)) the city map is still in the process of being drawn. I have all the outlines, but now I want to mark all the taverns, all armor merchants etc. and some important buildings. For those I thought I'd just number them in red, the way I started (1, 2), but what should I do for the taverns? Draw a beer icon on each? I also thought of coloring in the city in an alternate version, if I feel like it and have the time.
All feedback is greatly appreciated!

The coat of arms is supposed to represent the region and specifically the capital, Norstädt, the symbols on it are a stylized mountain and river.

I used Procreate on the 12.9” iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil for the drawing.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Hans

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_10.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	103819
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Artwork.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	103818