Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feb / Mar '18 Lite Challenge: Map My World!

Default Feb / Mar '18 Lite Challenge: Map My World!

Feb / Mar '18 Lite Challenge: Map My World!

In January, Diamond & Chashio had a great idea to give you a map with nothing on it but names and you had to create the map around it. It was by far the most popular challenge any of us can remember.
    For this Lite Challenge I want to flip it around. I am giving you the shape of the landmass and I have included green dots where the Cities, Towns, or main points of interest must be placed. You can remove the green dots and replace them with whatever symbols you wish to use, just be sure you have something at each of those 20+ locations.
    You may add as many additional points of interest that you want in addition to the ones marked.
    For those of you who draw your maps by hand, just try to replicate the basic land shape as closely as you can.
    And in case you are interested this shape was originally a cloud.

Win a silver compass, you know you want one, come and get it.

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of March, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Shiny Silver Compass, make it yours!

As usual, title your threads: "Feb / Mar '18 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.
    Come on now, you know you want to do this!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldMap-Base.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	104674

Yay!! I'm definitely in.

As I mentioned in another thread, having a starting point like this (or the previous main challenge with the labels) is a huge help for me as a beginner. Thanks a lot for this great idea!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Count me in!

Great idea. Looking forward to seeing this month's entries.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Lol, I just noticed that I can't participate in lite challenges anymore. Nor could I participate in the last lite challenge because my map was featured in the Cartographer's Choice Award.
    It just took me a month to notice it, it's not too bad.

Don't worry, I know I can still join for fun.

Hehe what will happen now is that Bogie will post five challenges in a row that you really want to enter!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I appear to be planning something. Hopefully I can do this with enough time to finish a map before the end. Although sometimes, it seems, I can produce something in less than 12 hours these days.

Post Title

Oh cool!
    my first map-challenge

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWyvrem View Post
    Oh cool!
    my first map-challenge
    Welcome to the Guild DarkWyvrem, enjoy the Challenge!

Are we allowed to add to the landmass, i.e. add more smaller islands around the coast...?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast