Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fortified Town of Aesty

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Map The Fortified Town of Aesty

Hello Guild companions !

I have less time to draw maps than I would like, but it does not mean that I don't draw anymore !

After several weeks of intermittent work, here is the small fortified town of Aesty, on the banks of Lake Alirya. As the small map indicates, it is one of the many cities in the world of Nossym on which I continue to work.

It is a fairly small town on the old border between two kingdoms, which have since passed under the rule of the great king and the capital Aylesdeen. It was intended to keep the passage on Lake Alyria but it has lost its strategic importance. Its fortifications are however well maintained. Only a few artisans and notables live in the walls of the city, commissioned by a bailiff, but many farms and some hamlets are scattered around the city.

I started drawing on the Ipad, then the colors, shadows, frame and titles were added on PS. This town join the list of sites and cities in the world of Nossym that I have already drawn, either in plan or in landscape (I keep the same frame for these drawings, to identify the serie). I did not look for a particular style, I drew and colored without really thinking, rather to relax and escape. I hope you'll like this plan as much as I enjoyed drawing it !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aesty 02.jpg 
Views:	752 
Size:	4.89 MB 
ID:	108791

Exquisite, JO! Kick-ass shadowing work, and an extremely pleasing overall layout. A fine map all in all.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Exquisite, JO! Kick-ass shadowing work, and an extremely pleasing overall layout. A fine map all in all.
    Thanks a lot for your nice words Kellerica !

Amazing shadowing ang great colors!

Wow that's very good. Nice Work Jo.

It's good to see you haven't been idle I really love what I see here and I wanna say you are becoming a master of shadows. If I may, I think that, while they're pretty cool, your trees clash with the rest stylistically. Mais j'adore

Awesome Jo. The shadows and details on the roofs...magnificent.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by vb.maps View Post
    Amazing shadowing ang great colors!
    Thanks ! I find it always great when you start shadowing your map... it's as if it become alive :-D !

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Wow that's very good. Nice Work Jo.
    Thanks Falconius !

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    It's good to see you haven't been idle I really love what I see here and I wanna say you are becoming a master of shadows. If I may, I think that, while they're pretty cool, your trees clash with the rest stylistically. Mais j'adore
    Merci beaucoup ! Could you elaborate about the trees ? I'm interested in that point, but I don't catch your meaning !

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Awesome Jo. The shadows and details on the roofs...magnificent.
    Thanks a lot Damonjynx !

Oooh, good job, Jo !! The shadows are incredible and I love the tiny tiny linework details on grass edges !

Oh that is just fabulous, Jo

Just managed to catch sight of the thread on a flying visit, and was lavishly rewarded!

Unfortunately I haven't been around enough to rep people too often, so I still have a way to go before I can rep you again!

But just look at how far you have come with your drawing since you first joined up! The linework, the shadows, the colours... everything is superb!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast