Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lands of Melenor [Challenge Map]

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Map The Lands of Melenor [Challenge Map]

This was my entry for the July/Aug '18 challenge, "Opposing seasons". I am very happy that it made me win my first Silver Compass.

Click here for the WIP thread

"Once a year, when the time has come, the Stones start to shimmer in their usual bright blue light.
    All around them, the grass slowly frosts, and the petals of the small yellow flowers ice up and become as white as swan's wings.
    Then, gusts of wind bring snow whirlwinds from the sky and spread them all over the Lands of Melenor.
    The spirit of the old mage never liked autumn and spring, so he decided to change seasons his own way."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July - Aug '18 Lite Contest FINAL.jpg 
Views:	1061 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	109669
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

A well-deserved Silver Compass, congrats! One of those pieces that works both as a landscape illustration and a map. Your linework is excellent, and I like the way your did the border, what with the round sections in the corner and all that good stuff.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Aaah, congrats for your first compass, Mimine ! It's a really good job you made here : great colors, and tons of details !

Yeah I liked this one too and I liked the subtlety in transition from summer to winter.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Thank you all, I appreciate a lot!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Wow, this is pretty cool! It oozes flavor and atmosphere and it makes me want to know more about this land. Well done!

As a big rpg-geek, i'd totally play in that setting from the vibe i get from this map alone

Have some Rep.!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Wow, this is pretty cool! It oozes flavor and atmosphere and it makes me want to know more about this land. Well done!

As a big rpg-geek, i'd totally play in that setting from the vibe i get from this map alone

Have some Rep.!
    Thank you very much! I am also a big RPG-geek, but I didn't think about playing in this map! Gives me more ideas

This is a magnificent piece! I didn't really watch the process of this map, but by the looks of it I'm assured that this was a very well deserved winner. The perspective and colours are beautiful and very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    This is a magnificent piece! I didn't really watch the process of this map, but by the looks of it I'm assured that this was a very well deserved winner. The perspective and colours are beautiful and very well done!
    Thank you Daniel!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Very cool map with an unusual perspective! Nicely done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast