Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nov/Dec '18 Lite Challenge: Map the ruins of a lost city/fortress

Default Nov/Dec '18 Lite Challenge: Map the ruins of a lost city/fortress

Nov/Dec '18 Lite Challenge: Map the ruins of a lost city/fortress
    November 18th until end of day December 14th

This month's Challenge was suggested by MadMappingMapped, you can see his original thread here: Link to Suggestion
    Basically, map an ancient place that is in ruins. It can be real, like Machu Picchu, legendary, like Atlantis, or fictional, like Mordor. Or something that is entirely your own creation.

Win a silver compass, your friends will be jealous!

The Challenge will run until the end of the day on the 14th of December, (Midnight eastern daylight time between the 14th and 15th, more or less, depending on when I can get to the computer to start the voting) and then there will be 3 days of voting. Someone is going to win a Silver Compass, it could be yours!

As usual, title your threads: "Nov/Dec '18 Lite Challenge: << your title here >> "

Don't forget to put the hashtag: ### Latest WIP ### in front of all WIP pictures, and especially in front of your final map. And don't forget, there is a WIP button that automatically posts this for you. Try it, You'll like it!

And remember, if you put more than one image on the same post, only one of them gets picked up.

Quick rules reminder: The Lite Challenge is open to anyone who has not already won 3 Silver compasses, 1 Gold Compass, or been selected as a featured Cartographer's Choice Map.
    Also, the map has to be started on or after the first day of the challenge, no reusing older maps even if they were not finished.
    Come on now, you know you want to do this!!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

was intending to have a break after the last but AHHhhh... I already had an awesome idea in my home campaign for a ruined capital city in the mountains that is begging to be mapped

This challenge should produce some amazing entries. I can't wait to see them.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Oh! I've been hoping to see this one! It's only logical that I take part!

You certainly should take part!
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected NarramoreArt's Avatar

I was actually planning on doing an Atlantis map at some point in the near future, although not a city map.
    Currently not sure if I'l be able to do a competition entry in a timely way, but hopefully I'll be able to have a go at this one!

Somewhere I've got a big thick book on Atlantis and I want an excuse to dust it off!
    Find me online as @NarramoreArt
    I'm mostly on twitter but you can also find me on instagram or even facebook!
    You can also check out my website narramore.art

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

What a great challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.

Hmm... this is very engaging. The question is should I refurbish one of my old ideas that I failed to complete due to lack of skill, or start something completely new? ... Arghh decisions decisions.

On the mapping bit at least you have to start afresh. Even if you've only drawn one line you have to start with a blank page and draw a new line.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Yup, it would be all new of course. Just that the unfinished ideas stick with me, so it'd be nice to get it off the shelf. But I got two other ideas competing with that one so it may not be the flooded temple/city thing after all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast