Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 2018 Challenge: Hogsmeade

Default November 2018 Challenge: Hogsmeade

So.
    There's a set of circumstances which started last year, when I worked for a commission about a Hogwarts map (I should post it once here) also showing Hogmeade in the corner. This was my first prespective map, and an interesting challenge, and I remember how I enjoyed to draw those cute, crooked, crazy houses for the town, being a little frustrated because they were so small, not allowing details. I finished the map, was happy about it (not about everything, but well...), just... a little frustrated.
    After having this map done, I kept an eye on the other maps about Hogwarts and, generally speaking, Harry Potter's universe maps and saw several of them : Hogwarts of course, Diagon Alley, world map of wizard schools, etc. But never Hogsmeade, and I started thinking a map of it would be cool.
    A few months ago, the Guild proposed a Lite Challenge about Map a location from a Harry Potter Movie, but I'm not allowed to join Lite challenges and had no time anyway, but the idea of the Hogsmeade map kept growing.
    A few weeks ago, while chatting with some esteemed fellows, I had a succession of fun conversations and ideas about Harry Potter's universe, and this map started to take a bigger room in my mind.
    And now... This challenge : map a story. I would love to propose a map about my own world, but had too much work this month and was unable to find the time for it. However, the Hogsmeade map was still here, occupying my mind, and when I have a map in the head, the only way to recover my own brain is to draw it.
    It's not exactly "mapping a story", it's more... "a map of a little corner of a well known story", so maybe it's out of scope, or maybe not. I just know I have some time right now, and a big desire to have fun and draw this map ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hogsmeade_by_MistyBeee.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	400.7 KB 
ID:	111646

Beautiful drawing Beee!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Beautiful drawing Beee!
    Thanks a lot, Bogie ! Hope you'll love the next step too : walls, trees, grass, and something for the title. I think I'll need to add something more on the linework for the grass...
    It's been a while since I started to work on some ornaments for the map, but am not sure yet if it will work or not... some investigation will be needed tomorrow while finishing the linework and global layout ^^

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Hogsmeade_WIP02_by_MistyBeee.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	495.7 KB 
ID:	111660

It's looking really nice. I also like the positioning of the shield at the bottom.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

This is looking great - just love those crazy tall chimneys!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very impressive perspective skills !
    Funny how all the houses are really vertical ! It's a good idea, I think. I find it reflects the atmosphere of the movies !

Damn, I seem to have forgotten to comment on this one! But I'm sure you know how much I love it

I really dig the perspective you went for here.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    It's looking really nice. I also like the positioning of the shield at the bottom.
    Thanks Larb !
    Yeah... the shield... the shield shape was easy to draw. The perspective hog on it, waaaay less !! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    This is looking great - just love those crazy tall chimneys!
    Hehe, thanks Tonquani ! The chimney were definitely super fun to draw ^^

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very impressive perspective skills !
    Funny how all the houses are really vertical ! It's a good idea, I think. I find it reflects the atmosphere of the movies !
    It's partly from the movies, partly from my own visit in Scotland last year, partly from local architecture where I live : crazy crooked tall narrow houses with sharp roofs are all around me ^^

-
    I think I'm done with the linework. I would love to add more vegetation and details but won't have enough time if I want a colored version. Those parchment banners took more time than expected to perfectly fit the text

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Hogsmeade_WIP03_by_MistyBeee.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	583.9 KB 
ID:	111677

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Damn, I seem to have forgotten to comment on this one! But I'm sure you know how much I love it

I really dig the perspective you went for here.
    Ninja Kellerica !!
    My biggest thanks, I'm especially glad if you love it ! ^^
    I love this perspective, it's really fun to draw and I'm getting really comfortable with it now

Really awesome, and swathed in Misty-Bee-ness... Your maps are so ... you! Lol. Eager to see the colours.
    And you should post that Hogwarts map, I've no idea why you haven't (it's so beautiful, Ive seen it in another place).
    Edit: ninja'd!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast