Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: November 2018 Challenge: Hogsmeade

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I do!
    I adore the way you added the wear around the edges of the map and the border - that technique is one of my favorites as well.
    So glad you love it, both for the map itself and the wear : this is a little stronger than what I usually do and I was not totally convinced. But challenges are made for experiences and fun, aren't they ? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by PaperGriffin View Post
    Amazing map MistyBeee. I particularly like the soft palette and the scroll-work labels.
    Thanks Griffin ! I thing those banners took me almost the same time than the whole houses linework to perfectly fit the text

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Wonderful! You really love beees, huh? I like how the houses look witchy and pointed, with the giant chimneys.
    Thanks M*3 ! I can't lie on this point, even if it started as a joke more than anything else. And now, yes, I'm guilty : I put beehives on my maps every time I can ^^
    However... it sounds it started earlier than I even thought : even on my very, very first map I already drew a bee(e)

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    It looks amazing as always and I really like you're colour choices. Did you use a photo texture to get that distressing on the edges, or did you do that by hand?
    Thanks a lot Kacey, and for the rep as well !
    It's a fancy brush I have and often use to add some texture on my backgrounds. It looks like rock crackings, but it comes from ink spatters I think. In this case I used it on a mask, and retouched it with a normal brush and eraser.

If I may, have you tried adding some stains around the wears ? They look a bit clean to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    If I may, have you tried adding some stains around the wears ? They look a bit clean to me.
    I tried, failed, tried again, wasn't happy with the result, read your message, tried again, finally found something I was happy with. The changes is super subtle, but I love it way more. Thanks ^^

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hogsmeade_by_MistyBeee.JPG 
Views:	285 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	111737

Yeah, it looks less scrapped and more worn. Good job

Oh. another amaizing map from Misty ! So good.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234