Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vystrigg Harbour - Finished

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Default Vystrigg Harbour - Finished

Hi people!

I'd like to present Vystrigg Harbour—or at least a tiny section of it. This little slice shows the corner of one of the docks closest to the city walls, at a pleasant hour in the evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dockside Scene (6).jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	112857

There's one little object poking out of the map edges - bonus points if you can find it!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Gorgeous! I like that little fish...

Beautiful! The perspective of the tower looks a bit strange to me, but the coloring and the overall design of the place are fabulous. I really have to check out this tutorial too one of these days...
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Can't rep you again so soon but another great map.

Hehe, even if what you did there is very great, I think my favorite part is... your humor ^^ How you cut the table, or this... cutest. fish. ever... ^_^

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THE FISH BEFORE. Best map detail in history x'D
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanCR View Post
    Gorgeous! I like that little fish...
    *ding ding* we have a winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Beautiful! The perspective of the tower looks a bit strange to me, but the coloring and the overall design of the place are fabulous. I really have to check out this tutorial too one of these days...
    Yeah, I eventually nailed down the reason for the weird tower, but at that stage it couldn't be fixed anymore. Turns out the vanishing points left and right were vertically misaligned. The one on the left was substantially lower than the one on the right. All this because I followed Tavernier's tutorial to the letter (here specifically referring to the part where he retroactively warped a square grid to fit his rough sketch), but forgot to use common sense in the process . So anything below the line going through both points looks quite okay, but the part of the tower showing above the city wall looks "off". The only way to fix that would have been to redraw everything from scratch. Well, I learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Can't rep you again so soon but another great map.
    Thanks QED! But no worries, I'm basking in your kind words so I'm quite happy as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Hehe, even if what you did there is very great, I think my favorite part is... your humor ^^ How you cut the table, or this... cutest. fish. ever... ^_^
    I would love to say Little Bobby (as he was known among his friends) is up for adoption, but unfortunately he dropped off the edge of the map... and the killer whale with it! At least Bobby got some revenge in the process

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THE FISH BEFORE. Best map detail in history x'D
    Well you won't believe it, but Bobby is quite proud of that! Wait, he was!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    I would love to say Little Bobby (as he was known among his friends) is up for adoption, but unfortunately he dropped off the edge of the map... and the killer whale with it! At least Bobby got some revenge in the process
    Nooo... Bobbyyyy !!

Excellent attempt at the style! This looks really good. The fish is amazing. The bird however is slightly distracting, looks really big.

Splendid work!

Cheers,
    Karl

Great work & scene! I love the details. I'm guessing what meat we could eat in this Inn .
    And what a great idea about this adventurous goldfish (like "what???? I'm in a giant fishbowl!!!) .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast