Thread: Challenge Map April 2019: Tavenyar Peninsula, Home of the Bloody Freeboots

Default Challenge Map April 2019: Tavenyar Peninsula, Home of the Bloody Freeboots

This was my entry into the April 2019 Pirate challenge. I tried out so many different styles for the first time this time around, and I'm truly happy with how it turned out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tavenyar Peninsula, Home of the Bloody Freeboots10, by Ian Ringler.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	4.43 MB 
ID:	115201

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one!

Cheers!

IR

I think you really did a great job with this map. So many lovely details to explore and it all comes together so well. Great work!

Cheers,
    Karl

One of my favorite challenge entries. Very well detailed.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I agree with the other comments : a charming map, full of great details to explore. My favorite part is maybe the town, which have such an unique style

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    I think you really did a great job with this map. So many lovely details to explore and it all comes together so well. Great work!

Cheers,
    Karl
    I think I was able to get myself out of the "bland style" that I had issues with going into the challenge, I've grown a ton with this project, I'm so very glad that you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    One of my favorite challenge entries. Very well detailed.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    You've been a huge supporter the whole way through, Arsheesh, so very much appreciative of that!!

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    I agree with the other comments : a charming map, full of great details to explore. My favorite part is maybe the town, which have such an unique style
    I love that you think it's unique, Beee! While putting it down on paper I kept thinking to myself that it doesn't really stray much from any other style out there, and you've nipped that self-doubt in the butt, thank you!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Such a great entry

Where did you get a sketch/drawing book that lies so flat? I must obtain one!

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Such a great entry

Where did you get a sketch/drawing book that lies so flat? I must obtain one!
    I appreciate you rooting for me throughout this challenge!

It's actually from a museum, but I failed to turn it in because it was mostly unfilled. https://www.sketchbookproject.com/ They sell them for $35, you fill it up (there's a deadline unfortunately), and send it back and they archive it forever, pretty cool little deal. It's only about 16 pages so it's pretty easy to get it to lay flat, but also it was scanned on a glass scanner.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Oh wow, that sketchbook project is AWESOME. I might just have to get on board that crazy train.

Love love love your map, Adfor! Great work, great detail, great story-telling and RP possibilities.

And is it just me, or does Cuttler look a bit like Karl Urban?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Oh wow, that sketchbook project is AWESOME. I might just have to get on board that crazy train.

Love love love your map, Adfor! Great work, great detail, great story-telling and RP possibilities.

And is it just me, or does Cuttler look a bit like Karl Urban?
    In a manner he does! I was going for more of a mongoloid look, which I think I got about right. Thanks, D!