Thread: As of now Unnamed Map (new WIP)

Default As of now Unnamed Map (new WIP)

Hey everyone!

I was really happy with my previous map (and my first real post here) DragonShire and immediately sent out to try and replicate the workflow to try and really nail it down. I created a new series of Height Map brushes for the mountain ranges and rough terrain and I think they are finally working out well. This map may look familiar to lots of people, I was using a copy of one of the Old World maps from the Warhammer Fantasy Universe (one my favourite settings ever)

World Releif Map Warhammer1.jpg

I am trying to find, I dunno exactly how to put this "nautical elements" for my map (see attached image) but am having trouble finding some examples or images to use. Does anyone have some ideas?

Capture.PNG
    Last edited by CredePendrel; 05-07-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Hi there, and welcome to the Guild! I think you are certainly on the right track with your maps, keep at it!

If you are talking about the rhumb lines you can see on the latter map, take a look at this old thread. There is both discussion on their usage, and on the later pages people have posted files that could be useful to you.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thank you Kellerica! Yes I am indeed talking about rhumb lines. I will take a look at the post you linked at lunch today.
    I intended to populate the map with points of interest, roads and political boundaries but I am worried I made the map scale too big. The one test Point of Interest is scaled down to small its not very clear.