Thread: Skyfall - The Lands of Opath

Map Skyfall - The Lands of Opath

Hi, everyone!

I'm super excited because this is my first fantasy map comission. The Lands of Opath for Skyfall, a big RPG streaming project that was crowdfunded here in Brazil. One of the campaign funding goals was an A3 colored map of the setting, and here it is!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapaOpath_by_BrunoMuller.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	4.99 MB 
ID:	115343

The continent of Opath is surrounded by a magical Drizzle, and everything beyond its mists are unkown. A major feature in the setting is the impending doom of the end of the world - it's called Skyfall because some huge floating islands hurled towards the earth, destroying large areas of the land (labeled Quedas, "Falls", in the map). This changed civilizations. There were two major falls, and three smaller ones. The sages of Opath say that there's one more to happen, and it will happen at the center of the continent, ending the world.

Although it's a tragic setting, there's hope to live the last days to the fullest, hence the map is bright and vibrant. Hope you all like it!
    Last edited by Bruno Müller; 05-14-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Lovely work on this piece. The compass rose is quite elegant. The mountains, hills and desert mounds are all really well done too. Nice work all around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Very good map. I like the city icons and the colours.

Already said it over at the WIP thread, but it bears repeating: this is a great style and a great map. I love the vibrant colors and the clear lineart, and the texture and ocean details are simply stunning. And as I said already, I love those clouds so much! All and all a really fantastic piece, you have reason to be proud! Congrats on the commission, I hope the client is happy too!

Repped and saved in the inspiration folder!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Great map! I especially like the way you did those details in the south, it feels so magical

Cheers,
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Lovely work on this piece. The compass rose is quite elegant. The mountains, hills and desert mounds are all really well done too. Nice work all around.
    Thanks, Arsheesh! I think the compass rose was the most fun part to do! I'm really happy with the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Very good map. I like the city icons and the colours.
    Cheers, Sapiento!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Already said it over at the WIP thread, but it bears repeating: this is a great style and a great map. I love the vibrant colors and the clear lineart, and the texture and ocean details are simply stunning. And as I said already, I love those clouds so much! All and all a really fantastic piece, you have reason to be proud! Congrats on the commission, I hope the client is happy too!

Repped and saved in the inspiration folder!
    The client is super happy, so I'm happier! haha
    I was super inspired by the Shadow of the Colossus cloudy map while doing this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow_of_the_Colossus_map.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	115476

I just love it (and the game is super important to me).

'Tis such an honor to go to your inspiration folder! Thanks! <3

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Great map! I especially like the way you did those details in the south, it feels so magical
    Thanks, Karl!
    I had to stop myself on the "magicalness" over there, otherwise I wouldn't finish it!
    Last edited by Bruno Müller; 05-18-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Praise Trippy

I love highly stylized maps.