Thread: Floating Island in space! map request

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Floating Island in space! map request

Dear Cartographer's Guild,

I am writing on this chill winter night with a plea for aid, for you see, I require assistance mapping a world lost among the Abyssal Void!

I must apologize in advance for my own terrible attempts at mapping this artificed world. The dangers are legion, and the cartographers I have sent before have returned babbling with madness.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201109_061216_copy_864x1152.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	265.0 KB 
ID:	126066

I understand this quest is one fraught with danger and difficulty, so I am willing to offer a large stipend for its completion. My benefactors have allocated a budget of 400 gold, however, this can be negotiated based on the detail and quality available.

The map need not specify scales, as the nature of our world itself seems adverse to even the simple act of measuring distances. However, there are some requirements we have:

The style of the map should be similar to this Great Work:

Name:	images (11)-1.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	126067

The map should include names for notable areas and regions, though alas, my own efforts to name such things have been riddled with conflict an upset factions. Perhaps an independent quill could put name to parchment, free of such pettiness as borders and land rights.

Further information is available upon request, yet the task of mapping such conflicted lands garners interest from those that would seek to influence it. I request expressions of interest be made in the open here, but requests for further information be discussed in private.

Good luck, Cartographer's guild! Our world and its people are depending upon you!

Here are some arts from which you may decide that you wish to hire me to traverse your eldritch lands.

I make up names on request as part of my service.

Name:	hymarmapartfinaltextsmall-watermarked.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	585.2 KB 
ID:	126076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mitch-corinth-known world-lowreswatermarked.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	833.5 KB 
ID:	126079Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theperilim-1240x992 small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	126077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falkreach-roads-color-text-small.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	597.2 KB 
ID:	126078

Of course I have a full fantasy map portfolio, these are just a few highlights.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hello Sasha,

I'm a Scottish map-maker and illustrator with several years' experience in commissions, and I'd have no trouble with new placenames, nor, indeed, battling insanity monsters and deadlines (sometimes proved to be one and the same) - I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

I'm Moy. I work as a professional freelance illustrator and do maps from time to time.

You may check out some work - https://www.deviantart.com/firedudew.../map-and-tiles

If you have any inquiries, feel free to email me - moysh85 at gmail dot com

Thank you!