Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: November/December 2020 Challenge: Verlaten Landen of Myrn

Default November/December 2020 Challenge: Verlaten Landen of Myrn

Dimension_Door has let me choose between three commision possibilities, and I choose the one that I think is the most challenging to me:

Forgotten Land of Myrn:

Forgotten land are flying island in the world of Myrn. This world is a homebrewed D&D world created by Gerralt and friends.

Some lore about Myrn:

"More than a thousand years ago the war between the Gods made the world implode on itself. This resulted in a hollow world. In the lowest region of this hollow sphere, islands started to rise towards the center. In their slow ascend they break apart untill they reach the center and disappear into nothingness. The rise of these islands is very, very slow so civilizations have enough time to settle, build cities and recuit adventurers to search for lost relics.

The last 250 years the lands are deprived of their magic. Magic can only be found in precious gems called wander crystals. Highly priced and searched by adventurers and entire kingdoms it is an everlasting tension.

Long ago the dragons were abandoned to the upper realms where they just drifted as if hypnotized. There are still a lot of dragons and dragonborn nomad clans up there. Furthermore there is a tower where some evil sleeps..

The top islands of this realm are not yet charted, there is not much written about these lands beside legends and fairy tales."

I also have a full map of Myrn where this part of the world looks very small and far away. I maybe show it if Dimension_door is agree.

Considering all that, here is my first sketch for this map:

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201206_111956.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	126927

Cause of Chrismas coming and all the end of year craziness, I will have only arround 10 days to work on it, I will do my best!

Promising start! The lore is solid as well, interesting stuff.

I'm in a similar case with this time of year, godspeed! Welcome to the the challenge.

IR

Looks like a very promising start to me!

Guild Artisan

Off to a good start.

Thank you for the encouragements.

Based on the lore, what I decide to do is an ancien confidential file dating from the time when the magic has disapear of the wold.
    The map leads to a huge magical crystal, hide on the middle of the forgotten islands.

So it's kind of a treasure map, hide by the hight administration for more than 200 years.

Day 1: Sunday work:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Myrn W1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	126962

9 days to go ..'

Gothic style ? Let me sit in the corner with a bucket of popcorn, and enjoy ^^

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I love the prompt ! I'm really looking forward to see it in a map, it's very promising !

Not just inking the lines, I see.. .It's gonna be awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Gothic style ? Let me sit in the corner with a bucket of popcorn, and enjoy ^^
    Welcome on the day by day WIP Beee.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I love the prompt ! I'm really looking forward to see it in a map, it's very promising !
    Thank you JO! More progress in this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Not just inking the lines, I see.. .It's gonna be awesome .
    Thank you Ilanthar, I hope so!

Monday progress:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Myrn W2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	126989

Sorry for the bad light, it's kind of snowing, very low clouds this morning, I have a lack of luminosity.

I will do a proper scan at the end for the final result, but WIP will still be with my phone camera.

By Antoine.L
    Sorry for the bad light, it's kind of snowing, very low clouds this morning, I have a lack of luminosity.
    I feel you, I'm missing light to do proper pen&paper work as well (and screen are more tiring for my eyes in those dark conditions).
    That being said, it's looking good. Are you using pens or water colours for the colouring?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast