Thread: Cascadel and Hyauth - Personal Project

Default Cascadel and Hyauth - Personal Project

Season's Greetings Cartographers!

My latest personal project: The Clans of Cascadel and Hyauth. The two continents are each populated diverse but culturally related groups with ill-defined and always shifting borders. In generations past, the loose federations on each continent came together to construct the Aeskhir Causeway, a bridge of enormity in both size and consequence: it has facilitated trade by reducing the traffic about notoriously dangerous seas, and to the current era remains without any kind of safety barrier - making traversing the bridge with a large army nearly impossible.

This one was fun, and I got in some good scroll and parchments practice. I look forward to hearing what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cascadel and Hyauth - Finall.jpg 
Views:	1469 
Size:	8.24 MB 
ID:	127074

What a great map GWN.
    Great colours, nice looking forests an the heraldry is just awesome.
    The scrolls also came out super nice. I always have a big problem coming up with some nice looking scrolls.
    Hats off!
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I call walking along the center of the bridge! You two *gestures* can be on my left and right.

Really great map. I like the style, as always, colors and shields look great. As Voolf already said the scrolls also came out really well.

I saw parts of this one on IG, but it's always a pleasure to see the final and complete thing. Good job, North ! It's good to see one of those good old classical fantasy maps ^^

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice scroll! A very nice map, well balanced, with a rather nice land-sea distribution, and with your style which I like very much!

What a great map GWN.
    Great colours, nice looking forests an the heraldry is just awesome.
    The scrolls also came out super nice. I always have a big problem coming up with some nice looking scrolls.
    Hats off!
    Thanks Voolf. I use your frayed-edge-paper-effect you use on a lot of your maps for an example to follow, so this map has some of your influence in it!

I call walking along the center of the bridge! You two *gestures* can be on my left and right.

Really great map. I like the style, as always, colors and shields look great. As Voolf already said the scrolls also came out really well.
    I'm sure you wouldn't be the only one!

I saw parts of this one on IG, but it's always a pleasure to see the final and complete thing. Good job, North ! It's good to see one of those good old classical fantasy maps ^^
    Thanks Beee, I'm sure you see some of your influence here as well, though I hope I put enough of my own spin on an already great a style.

Nice scroll! A very nice map, well balanced, with a rather nice land-sea distribution, and with your style which I like very much!
    Getting a good balance of land and sea can sometimes be a struggle, so I appreciate the kind words JO.

Splendid work on this GWN! The harmonious soft shading & palette is doing wonders with your line art.

Very beautiful, congratulations on creating such work. There's a minor bug where the parchment corner is rolled up, can you see it? I only noticed because the overall piece is so nice it makes you want to zoom in to study the details.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------