Thread: The Kingdom of Daimeremos

Guild Apprentice

Map The Kingdom of Daimeremos

Hello friends,

I'm new to the forum, and very happy to be joining a community of such cartographic enthusiasts. Yesterday, I finished my most recent work for the world I'm building for my D&D campaigns: Patamei. The Kingdom of Daimeremos is located on the main continent my players move around, and is the largest country by area on that continent. Primarily agricultural, it has a thriving wine trade, and sports an enormous desert in its centre courtesy of some magical shenanigans. My players are currently looking for a way to reclaim the desert in exchange for a plot of land should they succeed.

Those familiar with real-world maps may recognise the style is very similar to that of the Pergamon World Atlas, a source of unending inspiration for me and the style I'm attempting to recreate here. I'll be taking a short break before starting my next project, which I hope to share with you all as I go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daimeremos Atlas.png 
Views:	237 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	128701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summary Page.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	128702

This is a gorgeous map! Wonderful colour selection, fantastic topography and the shape of it is really natural looking. Great job!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This map looks amazing! You should have a key for the topological one though. There are a few symbols I have no clue as to what they mean (crescent moons in the Khefa'u Hills for instance). Still a really great map though.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    This map looks amazing! You should have a key for the topological one though. There are a few symbols I have no clue as to what they mean (crescent moons in the Khefa'u Hills for instance). Still a really great map though.
    An excellent point, I realised after I posted. I'm working on that one as the next element so I have a consistent style sheet for all my maps.

Your take on this style is really hitting home for me, this is simply gorgeous. I'm generally not a huge fan of the atlas style approach, but wow do you make it lovable.

IR

Guild Apprentice

That's very high praise, thank you very much!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

A true encyclopedic work !
    Nice job !

Nice, clean and informative. Excellent work!