Thread: Civita Maxima - capital city of Kush Kingdom

Map Civita Maxima - capital city of Kush Kingdom

Hi all, I've been a little absent from the guild due to the map I'm posting here. It was a huge project for me, a map of a capital city in a A1 format. I've spent 2 months doing it and I'm satisfied of the final result. I will use the map for my D&D campaign, so I did some background for it (sorry for my english in advance):

Civita Maxima is the only capital that survived to the destruccion of the War of the Millions (the event that ended the second era of Stom). The city is now one of the biggest of the continent and in the royal library there are the only originals copies of several books from the passed era.
    The original settlement of the capital is named The Old city, the center part of it is named "the Hearth" and the newly part, only accessible to the nobles and his servants, is named "The Blue".
    In the city all types of not evil cult are allowed and the Neutrality is considered a great virtue, due to the pact between the nobilty and the monastic order of the Sacred Fist. Is so strong the bond between the capital and the monastery, that in the city there are several Shrine of meditation, specials places where is forbidden to fight or doing anything that could harm people inside that sacred areas, even for the guards or the King himself.
    The temple of Heroes is another peculiar trait of this city. It is not dedicated to a God, but to the heroes of Civita Maxima and is visited by any ctizen various times a month. The six heroes are:
    - Derismal the wonderfull: a Mage of incredible power, he cast the spell that protect the city from the destruccion of the second era.
    - Amalia the builder: this incredible women has dedicated his entire life to the art of construccion. With her spells she helped to build at least a third of the houses of "the Heart". The mages that have taken her legacy, have built the King's palace, the royal library and the Great school of Magic
    - Kosad the wild: a legendary ranger of the second era who, alone, killed the Infamous Wirm (the ancient red dragon that threathend the capital in the 21th century of the golden era)
    - Guror he Strong: a warrior of the dark age, who helped the kingdom to resist to the unchained forces of evil who tried to invade Kush in the terribles earlies years of the 3rd era.
    - The Unknown: an assassin that never revealed his real identity and who is honored as an hero due to his unbelivable bravery that allow him to kill the Dark One, a necromancer borned in Civita Maxima considered immortal, who almost achived the control of the kingdom.
    - Borad Oftamir, one as many: this simple guard of the city is the symbol of the heroism that every citizen has shown during all the terrible events that during a time of more than 2000 years have killed, terrorized and smashed the lives of many people.
    In the city lives many races, but after humans, halflings are the most numeroses. They are mostly workers belonging to the poorest class, but some ot thme acived a considerable wealthy and now live in "The Hearth". The classical cults have many adepts, being St. Cuthert and Olidamarra the most representatives. Guildes, universities, libraries and shops of any types, good and bad taverns and inns: all this places gave to Civita Maxima the fame of an ambitous city made by brave and strong people, the people of Kush.

The map was made all by hand with a final touch with Gimp. I used Staedler pens and faber castell colours on an A1 paper. This version is the one with poor label (I will post one version more labels that I will use in my campaign)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	civita maxima.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	7.58 MB 
ID:	130550

Any suggestion or critics are welcome

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This turned out really, really good! The level of detail is amazing and I like the different buildings/views as the frame. I think the one tower should be named the bug-eyed tower though, at least that is what I see it as .
    Last edited by Arimel; 07-20-2021 at 07:34 AM.

This is looking excellent Simkin. I've spent the last 20 minutes or so looking around at all the details, I really like the King's Palace and the ships and I'm sure there are lots of other great details that I haven't seen yet.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Thank you Arimel and Wminish, talking aboult the towers, after I finished the Two handed Tower I looked at it and I saw Mr Krab of Spongebob cartoon.

Thank you