Thread: Lapidelvbri dvcatvs tabvla

Default Lapidelvbri dvcatvs tabvla

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06608.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	3.64 MB 
ID:	130923

Finally managed to finish this map! A4 paper, almost all done with a 0.03 pen, a bit of a lightbox and way too many hours spent.
    It's sort of a commission - made for my flatmate and his campaign that's been going on for over 30 years now.
    The world is flat, hence no cartographic grid. Hydrology is literally magic, with rivers sometimes flowing back to their sources, that's why they flow out of the lake in multiple directions.
    Anyway, it's been quite an adventure! I'm not very happy about some of the lettering, but I guess I gotta live with it. Next time I think I will do a more ornamental one too, with small illustrations over the map - something I wanted to add here but too late as there was literally no space left for it.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It was worth the wait. That is one of the best hand drawn maps I've ever seen. The mountains are just amazing.

Damn, that is impressive. Mountains, coastline, forests, such a great look all around, and I love that border. Amazing!
    And I tip my fictional hat to your flatmate's campaign as well - 30 years ain't no joke. Longer than yours truly has been around

Lovely work!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

amazing artwork, i hope i can do something like that someday.

Wonderful ! It's amazing how you can place so many details and mappy goodness in such a small piece of paper...

Hot damn! That is one fine piece of work. Really impressive.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh