Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88

Thread: Subterrainian Map Prettier Script

  1. #61
      Mrugnak is offline
    Guild Novice Mrugnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    8

    Wip

    I'm playing with updating my GM's campaign map sketch and the new features . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subterrainian Map Prettier Script-localmap.gif   Subterrainian Map Prettier Script-westmarchmap.jpg  

  2. #62
      RobA is offline
    Administrator RobA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niagara, Canada
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    OK - a better update.

    Instead of a check box to fade the wall it is a combo box called "Wall Fade" that defaults to "None"

    options are black (vtt use) white (print, thanks Mrugnak) and transparent (jfrazierjr). The first two add a new layer on top, the transparent option iterates through the other layers and deletes stuff to make it transparent.

    Attached (and removed from the post a few threads ago...)

    Question-

    Should the latest version always be edited into the first post and the old ones removed?

    -Rob A>
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #63
      bambua is offline
    Guild Apprentice bambua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    OK - a better update.

    Instead of a check box to fade the wall it is a combo box called "Wall Fade" that defaults to "None"

    options are black (vtt use) white (print, thanks Mrugnak) and transparent (jfrazierjr). The first two add a new layer on top, the transparent option iterates through the other layers and deletes stuff to make it transparent.

    Attached (and removed from the post a few threads ago...)

    Question-

    Should the latest version always be edited into the first post and the old ones removed?

    -Rob A>
    I don't know if removing the old ones is necessary, in case you ever need to go back to another version maybe, but a link to the newest in the first post would be helpful I think. Great tool, I used this in my group last Saturday made a quick random dungeon, used your script and imported it into map tools within about 2 minutes. Was fun and the players all thought I had something prepared for the wacky twist they took.

  4. #64
      jfrazierjr is offline
    Community Leader jfrazierjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, NC USA
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Not to be picky, but what I was actually hoping to accomplish was making the walls AND the floors transparent. This would allow for the ability to build up a tile set with nothing but the walls to give the feeling of depth and drop their own favorite pattern underneath. Granted, I will likely only use ones with the walls already filled in, but it would be a nice option to be able to drop transparent tiles with just the walls/shadows on top of an existing texture somewhere.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

  5. #65
      RobA is offline
    Administrator RobA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niagara, Canada
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Not to be picky, but what I was actually hoping to accomplish was making the walls AND the floors transparent. This would allow for the ability to build up a tile set with nothing but the walls to give the feeling of depth and drop their own favorite pattern underneath. Granted, I will likely only use ones with the walls already filled in, but it would be a nice option to be able to drop transparent tiles with just the walls/shadows on top of an existing texture somewhere.
    I don't know what you mean. Sorry

    No wall fill at all? I guess you could either turn off that layer or use a transparent pattern as a fill...

    -Rob A>

  6. #66
      jfrazierjr is offline
    Community Leader jfrazierjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, NC USA
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Hmmm.. for some reason, I don't see the image attachment icon any more when I go to advanced on a reply....

    Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I don't know what you mean. Sorry
    Example link to png and link to xcf:



    xcf File

    Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    No wall fill at all? I guess you could either turn off that layer or use a transparent pattern as a fill...

    -Rob A>
    yes, no wall fill at all. The hope was to be able to turn off wall fill while using the batch processor to be able to quickly get numbers of images as above quickly without having to do each manually.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

  7. #67
      RobA is offline
    Administrator RobA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niagara, Canada
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Hmmm.. for some reason, I don't see the image attachment icon any more when I go to advanced on a reply....

    Example link to png and link to xcf:
    yes, no wall fill at all. The hope was to be able to turn off wall fill while using the batch processor to be able to quickly get numbers of images as above quickly without having to do each manually.
    OK.

    The simplest thing is to create a pattern that is fully transparent, and select that as the wall pattern fill. Then it will do what you want.

    Just create a new image, erase everything in it, make a selection and copy then paste as pattern and it will be accessible in your pattern list.

    (Technically, the same could have been done for the no floor option as well, but I wasn't thinking that way...)

    -Rob A>

    -Rob A>

  8. #68
      jfrazierjr is offline
    Community Leader jfrazierjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, NC USA
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Oh.. duh.. thanks RobA... sometimes the simplest solution is the most overlooked..
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

  9. #69
      eh_well is offline
    Guild Applicant
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hey! I'm new to these forums, but I LOVE this script. However I'm having one problem. I can't seem to change the look of the walls or floor no matter what I do! I'm fairly new to Gimp, but I'm not incompetent. I must be missing something but I simply can't get my textures off of those default gray ones, please help me out!

  10. #70
      RobA is offline
    Administrator RobA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niagara, Canada
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eh_well View Post
    Hey! I'm new to these forums, but I LOVE this script. However I'm having one problem. I can't seem to change the look of the walls or floor no matter what I do! I'm fairly new to Gimp, but I'm not incompetent. I must be missing something but I simply can't get my textures off of those default gray ones, please help me out!
    There are two drop downs:

    "Fill Floor With" (choose "Pattern - Select Below") and pick the pattern in the pattern selector below
    "Fill Walls With" (choose "Pattern - Select Below") and ditto.

    -Rob A>

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •