Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gloamhold Megadungeon

Default Gloamhold Megadungeon

This is a map commissioned by Raging Swan Press. This is the third iteration of the map, as we tried to fit it to portrait page until realized it needs to be landscape =). It was also my first side view map, and I had a lot of fun making it! Hope it shows.
    Gloamhold_sideview_web.jpg

(c) Raging Swan Press 2016. All Rights Reserved.

Really like this map a lot, beautiful lifework and captures all the details needed Rep worthy!

Fantastic work Salama, i love the combination of "traditional" linework for the landscape and the "dysonish" hatching for the sideview of the dungeon. Have some rep!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Fun and very well done! Those mountains are very hollow and full of secrets ! The line art is fantastic.

This is really nice!! I love cross section maps!

I really like this! I don't see many side drawn maps...

I know this is a map for a book, so it probably needs to stay in black and white... but I'm also curious to see what it would look like in color. I bet it would be breathtaking!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Now we want seperate maps over every location in this map!
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

One thing is clear: the mountains are dark and full of terrors.

This really is a great map--it's clean and crisp with a classic feel, hinting at a clever blend of Moria and the Underdark, and maybe a dash of Indiana Jones.

Best of all, one long look at this map and I want to know what's in those chambers, what hides in the Twisted Warrens, what's lurking in the Sunless Lake. This map makes me want to game through this module, and that's a testament to the skill on display.

Thanks everyone for the rep and compliments! This map was hard to get right, so I'm very pleased of the positive feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    I know this is a map for a book, so it probably needs to stay in black and white... but I'm also curious to see what it would look like in color. I bet it would be breathtaking!
    You're right, Raging Swan Press makes everything in old school black & white. I'm also always tempted to color B&W maps just to see how they'd look, but unfortunately very rarely have time for it... Like now, it's on to the next commission.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbehobbe View Post
    Now we want seperate maps over every location in this map!
    I want 'em too! I think Creighton from Raging Swan is going to make this megadungeon more of a sandbox in nature, and that could mean that the're won't be fully mapped areas. But if there will, I'd be more than happy to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
    This map makes me want to game through this module, and that's a testament to the skill on display.
    Thank you! That's pretty much the highest compliment a cartographer can get, as the map does what it's meant to do =). I love Raging Swan Press's material, and this megadungeon by Creighton Broadhurst is no exception. I just can't wait to throw my players through it . If you want to check out what's this about, Creighton is sharing a lot of information about it in his blog.

Meant to add my praise for this Salama.
    Really well done and engaging.
    I love all the clouds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast