Thread: Map of the Dawn Republic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hehe.. nice little houses, makes me once again wish that I could work in 3D
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by candice88 View Post
    Keep it bro!! stay focus
    Thanks - i'll keep working at it, this is good practice on 3d modeling for me too after all.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    hehe.. nice little houses, makes me once again wish that I could work in 3D
    It's actually the same house, just rendered from different perspectives and the 2 renders stitched together in 1 image file.

It does take some time getting used to 3d Modeling, but learning how to work with the program(s) isn't as hard as it might seem. Personally i learned the basics from a 10,5 hour long video training tutorial from DigitalTutors.
    It only took me the better part of a week to get through it all and follow along with all the lessons.
    I'm still very much a newbie at it as well - i try to make as much time as possible to watch tutorials and making sure to also work along with them, you learn the most by doing things yourself; instead of just being shown how to do them.
    That said, it does take time and dedication - it's probably pretty hard to stick with it if it's not something you enjoy doing .

Anyway, on to the main show - the Finished Model :

I added in a bunch of textures, swapped out the front window for a round one, and created a square window at the back of the house. (like i said before, i can make countless variations using all these individual pieces.)
    Here's an image showcasing the house, rendered from 3 different angles :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oow2yzx.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	862.7 KB 
ID:	83003

I decided to share it here under the CC-A-NC-SA License.
    So if anyone here wishes to use it for their (non-commercial) works, go right ahead. If you wish to use it for commercial purposes though - contact me first.

And here is a video showing off a 360 degrees rotation around the house (though i used a lower quality renderer for this, otherwise it would have taken ages to render out. )