Thread: Greetings!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to the guild. You have some good stuff going on there. I like the first one for its clarity but I like where the color one is going. Don't give up on the mountains via clouds just yet -- I'll tell ya how I do mine. Clouds, diff clouds, diff clouds, render lighting effects. Grab the Lasso Tool and at the top set the feather to like 50 px. Lasso a nice looking chain and move it into place, the feather prevents it from chopping up with hard edges.

At any rate, it's in my tut so you can read that whenever. Hope we get to see more and have fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Welcome to the guild. You have some good stuff going on there. I like the first one for its clarity but I like where the color one is going. Don't give up on the mountains via clouds just yet -- I'll tell ya how I do mine. Clouds, diff clouds, diff clouds, render lighting effects. Grab the Lasso Tool and at the top set the feather to like 50 px. Lasso a nice looking chain and move it into place, the feather prevents it from chopping up with hard edges.

At any rate, it's in my tut so you can read that whenever. Hope we get to see more and have fun.

tyvm. i have already started looking at your very impressive tutorials. Admittedly I am a visual person so there are so parts where i got lost because I cannot see the layers palette and there was a wee bit of confusion on stacking placements and the proper layer to copy at times. Then again, it might have very well been i was reading them in the very early hours of the morning while being pretty much out of it since ive been feeling under the weather for the past few days.

You do certainly remind me i need to document my steps more though when working in PS.

As far as the clouds mountains are concerned, i think my frustration is that i havent been able to filter them in a way that gives me geologically different ages. I need an easy way to make really new mountains, craggy, high peaks, nice and jaggy without looking *blah*. I'll figure it out today i'm sure. if anything im stubborn. lol

ty for the welcome.