Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July 2016 Challenge: Tirothell

That's developing very nicely. I really like the names you came up with and you keep taking about your lack of skills in the forest department but the ones you drew are perfectly fine, I'd say they need a little texture but the outline and the hills are really good. The only comment I'd do is you could make your river thinner away from the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    You've really done the 'blue sun' part of it well. Your mountains are always so fascinating.
    I was going to say, "Your mountains are a bit bright and shiny", then I read about them being solid silver. That is so cool!
    Looking forward to seeing more.
    Thanks Josiah, much appreciated! The silver color layer is only on 50% atm, so i still could tune it up to even more shinyness...

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    That's developing very nicely. I really like the names you came up with and you keep taking about your lack of skills in the forest department but the ones you drew are perfectly fine, I'd say they need a little texture but the outline and the hills are really good. The only comment I'd do is you could make your river thinner away from the coast.
    Thank you Thomas, indeed i feel a lot more confident in the "forest department" lately. As always, i'm somewhat avoiding the idea of finishing one step before the next, so the shading of the forests isn't finished yet. The rivers are more of a placeholder for now.
    Glad you like the naming. I find it always hard to do this in a foreign language, especially, if the names should transport a certain mood. I just don't have the same knowledge about connotations, metaphors, etc. in english.

Speaking of shinyness and names: I wondered if i have to change the label color? I felt they might become less readable on a brighter background.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Very nice additions! As Thomrey, I like the names a lot and with the choices of colors, it feels really harmonious and magic.

Thank you Ilanthar, i'm glad you like it so far.
    So, while i'm laying down more of the landscape i started mapping the first part of Snuzzi's journey and added a bit of text to the stations she passed on her way. This way you can get a glimpse of the story, while i continue to work on the map itself. It starts in Symdelby her home village and goes counter clockwise. The text type (color, size, layout), as the "starpath" depicting her journey isn't final yet and more of a placeholder.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TirothellWIP4.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	9.32 MB 
ID:	85284

As always feel free to comment, critique, suggest. Nothing is set in stone yet!

Cheers,
    AL
    Map is not territory...

Very nice, I really like your line-work, looks very confident.

Thanks a lot Dysterkvist, feeling not too confident atm, because i seem not able to make any somewhat good-looking buildings with it to depict the cities...
    Map is not territory...

Shut up and get to work! You will come up with something I know... because so far it's awesome! The mountains look great, they are hypnotic! I like colours and the star path idea!

YES SIR, DRILL SERGEANT, SIR! I'll promise to start being creative, right after checking these youtube videos over there...
    Map is not territory...

Your annotations on the maps are always pleasant to read and very immersive, keep up the good work !
    @Tom : that's one motivation speech ! Could you bark at me too ?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is like a dark fairy tale (well, I guess most fairy tales are dark, aren't they?), and poor Snuzzi is having a bad week.

Looking really good, man! The only suggestion I have right now is to maybe take the hard edges off the star-trail - they look kind of pixellated and harsh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast