I'm kinda torn about the gems...The gems are supposed to be magical and filled with energy...there's no other way to convey that and still have them emit light. In previous iterations back when I had it rendering in MAX I was unable to get the gems to appear "filled" with energy...I didn't really even like the clearer look...the clear gems look empty to me and I want them to be filled with energy you know? If anyone can think of a way to pull that off that would be great, but I'm leaning towards leaving it...I'll still tweak some more...but this thing takes a good 45 minutes to render as is.

Falconius, what are you talking about when you say divider?

Also, the red material, silver material, and brass material all have the exact same roughness mapping, I only changed the base color for them., so that may be confusing for the red metal...

I intend to have ink stains on the cork and the tip of the pen...I'll see if I can figure out a good way to get ink stains on the inkwell. I intend to emboss a "logo" of sorts onto the pen nib, but not sure if it will be visible in the render if I do.

The Blender forums have given me no love since my initial post...I get better feedback from here and IRC honestly.