Thread: Crater lake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking great. The water is terrific. I'm wondering why there are so many parallel lines that look like scratches running from top right to bottom left at a 45 degree angle. At first I thought they might represent glacial effects, but there are some on the surface of the water also.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I'm wondering why there are so many parallel lines that look like scratches running from top right to bottom left at a 45 degree angle. At first I thought they might represent glacial effects, but there are some on the surface of the water also.
    I wondered that too. I've seen the same effect in other maps he's done, so it must be some artifact inherent in the way he renders his terrain...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Looking great. The water is terrific. I'm wondering why there are so many parallel lines that look like scratches running from top right to bottom left at a 45 degree angle. At first I thought they might represent glacial effects, but there are some on the surface of the water also.
    The lines are leftovers from the process when I created the heightmap. I will clean them up at some stage, but I was too eager to start making the ground textures that I left the cleaning for later.