Thread: August/September Entry : Nadhyr-Sot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm so not winning the lite challenge ^^

This is looking pretty interesting GW, I look forward to seeing what you end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Marken4 View Post
    Don't let it get you down. The best thing about challenges is the way they give you a deadline and you actually get to finish your piece. Plus, with so many great map makers here I'm happy if I can even get a vote or two. As long as it's a worthy contender try to be happy. It only takes one person to really "hit the nail on the head" so to speak, and they can suck up ALL the votes. Besides, it's art and it's so ridiculously subjective. For instance, I have a hard time appreciating art that doesn't look like anything. Not that I don't find an occasional splattering of paint to be aesthetically pleasing, it's just not my favorite cup of tea. Hopefully, you learn with every bit of work you do and that just serves to make you better for the next challenge.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Marken4 View Post
    Jax said it. It really isn't about the winning or losing so much as it is about the friendly competition. I have as yet to win, but the fun is in completing the challenge, something that has eluded me on a fairly regular basis this last year between work and family illnesses. I'm hoping to finish this one, but it appears that I'll be revamping the map because I'm just not getting what I want out of it. Well, let me rephrase that, I'm getting closer to what I want, but each little tweak is taking forever, and if it isn't right, I back up a step and have to re-tweak. I'll probably end up working both the original and a side version of the map to see what I end up with in the long run.

Either way, don't get discouraged. I haven't had a chance to comment on any of the maps so far, but I've taken a look at yours and like what I see. Most definitely a worthy competitor/entry.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges