Thread: NaNoWriMo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I'm registered. I failed last year, but I'm ready to give it another shot this year. I've been working on an outline for the past couple weeks or so.

@ töff: I think it's much more valuable for the simple "I'm going to write and not agonize" mindset than it is for actually trying to write a novel in a specific timeframe. After agonizing myself into writer's block for the last year, I'm ready to write something at warp speed that I'll never sell, just to allow myself to write something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    @ töff: I think it's much more valuable for the simple "I'm going to write and not agonize" mindset than it is for actually trying to write a novel in a specific timeframe. After agonizing myself into writer's block for the last year, I'm ready to write something at warp speed that I'll never sell, just to allow myself to write something.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I think I will give it a go this year. Maybe all us cartographic writers can post encouragement or updates on a thread somewhere. (this thread?)

I am shooting for a fantasy novel aimed at children ages 11-13 -- writing the sort of book I would enjoy at that time - like the Prydain Chronicles of Lloyd Alexander.

It will be set in the world I am currently mapping and set about 30 years before the time of the game my players are currently in. It will be the first of a series that will track the progress of a supporting character from childhood to adulthood.

So when I finally get my adult novels ready, this series will have built up to it.

I don't know how much to spoil about the book just yet, but it involves a half breed outcast who strives for heroics and acceptance.

Woot! Wish me luck, and good luck to all the other writers who are taking the challenge!

phil

I have registered!

Anyone can buddy me if they wish. My name is philipstephen at the NaNoWriMo website.

Would you be the Ramah Palmer from England, Ramah? I see no other Ramah's out there.

I am stoked!

Let's get this book done!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philipstephen View Post
    I have registered!

Anyone can buddy me if they wish. My name is philipstephen at the NaNoWriMo website.

Would you be the Ramah Palmer from England, Ramah? I see no other Ramah's out there.

I am stoked!

Let's get this book done!
    Yup, that's me. Buddify me so we can keep track of each other on the site.

And yeah, I know what you mean. I'm itching to get going on it. I can really feel my creative juices starting to flow, so to speak.

Edit: Oh yeah, and about the name... it was amusing to me when I first used that name on ICQ a long, long time ago (Ramah was originally supposed to be Rama (I'd just read Rendezvous with Rama) when I signed up for Wireplay but the name was already in use so I used a variant spelling that I've dragged around the internet with me ever since. On MSN I used to be: Ramah Palmer Llama Farmer.) :S

Oh... and good luck.
    Last edited by Ramah; 10-23-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt