Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
I find that strange too. FM8 is produced by NBOS Software. It's top-selling program is AstroSynthesis, which can work together with FM8. AS/FM8 users produce a lot of "how to" queries, but if they post their maps anywhere in the Internet, I have no idea where that is.
Isn't that strange? I've been mining for examples for some months, but I've only found three examples of starship deckplans and they were very basic and on the not pretty at all side.

I spent a some time with the trial version of AstroSynthesis and couldn't find any good tutorials for beginners, only after a time asking around in the official community I've found out that there is a PDF manual in the program folder, but there's no link or mentiob to it in the program's GUI.

As far as I could use it during the 14 days trial, I've found that the star map generation is rather interesting, though it lacks in options for the maps, for instance you can only generate top, side and front views, I couldn't find a isometric view, that would be nice to later process in PS to look like an holo-message.

I whish I could find modern and sci-fi buildings to add to my city maps, but it seems that I'll have to make them all from scratch, which would take a long time to finish enough buildings that would be feasible for use on sci-fi town/city maps.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk