Thread: [WIP] Topographic Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sometimes I think I should have gone ahead and put in the effort to get the image climate shader working like I wanted to instead of just doing the cheesy thing that ended up in the software. Ah well...

One way to avoid the overly-smooth mountain chains that FT editing tends to generate is to use the selection tool to generate a squiggly area and then Tools>>Actions>>Create Profiled Mound From Selection. The result is analogous to the shapeburst algorithm in popular image editing tools.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Sometimes I think I should have gone ahead and put in the effort to get the image climate shader working like I wanted to instead of just doing the cheesy thing that ended up in the software. Ah well...

One way to avoid the overly-smooth mountain chains that FT editing tends to generate is to use the selection tool to generate a squiggly area and then Tools>>Actions>>Create Profiled Mound From Selection. The result is analogous to the shapeburst algorithm in popular image editing tools.
    Lords, I never even thought of that, what a great solution!

As for the map in question, it's looking pretty good to me. I won't harp on what others have already mentioned, but it looks like you're definitely headed in the right direction. Look forward to seeing more as you continue to progress.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges