Thread: More cities (City Designer 3)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Mogul... are you Dutch too?

Anyway, I semi-finished my sixth map: Westerpont, in English literally Westferry. This city and surrounding villages are home to about 5.000 people. The settlement is located on the banks of a river - I still need to think of a good name - and owes its existence to a ferry.

The city has always had strong ties with the city of Miston to the north. When that city became more prosperous, so did Westerpont. Eventually it fell under the influence of the rulers in Miston. A small keep was built on the island and when trade picked up the ferries were turned into bridges that can be opened to let ships through. Miston is legendary for its large herds of cattle and it was a lot easier to drive the animals over bridges south into the Valley.

With the rise of Miston three wizards came in conflict with each other (operating from Miston, Concetron and Iffraon). A castle was built in Westerpont to guard the settlement and a few years later the heart of the city was walled.

Nowadays the city is under Alliance control and it's still quite prosperous because of trade from Miston, Groenwoud, Iffraon and Concetron.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westerpont1.jpg 
Views:	1374 
Size:	277.9 KB 
ID:	6621  
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 09-26-2008 at 05:34 AM.