Thread: The Valley (Campaign Cartographer 3)

Post The Valley (Campaign Cartographer 3)

------------------------------------------------------
    Update 04-10-2009: I did a new version of this map:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?p=82822
    ------------------------------------------------------

This is The Valley, the fantasy world I am creating. All the names are in Dutch, as I am a native of the Netherlands :-)

Most of the world is covered in ice and only The Valley has a climate able to sustain human life. Eternal snow starts outside the Valley and anyone stupid enough to venture too far will face certain death.

The Valley is overpopulated and most of the trees have been cut down. Lumber now comes from the outside forests, mostly from Groenwoud (as that city has a good connection to The Valley). Shown on the map are all the large cities. There are hundreds of smaller villages inside The Valley not shown.

The country used to be ruled by several powerful, but also very corrupt and sadistic wizards, who were always waging war on each other. After hundreds of years the people finally revolted and most of the wizards have been deposed of. A new government is in place, called the Alliance.

Trouble is brewing however, as overpopulation is creating shortages and not all wizards have been dealt with. They are in hiding and trying to regain their power. Some whisper that even the Alliance leadership might be compromised.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theyvalley_def1.jpg 
Views:	3464 
Size:	480.6 KB 
ID:	6585  
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 10-04-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Guild Journeyer

Your maps are interesting, as is your backstory of wizards and deforestation. With your valley's topsoil running off your cities should be showing signs of population decline. Your rivers should be brownish and your lake should have an unwholesome appearance.

Just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by meleeguy View Post
    Your maps are interesting, as is your backstory of wizards and deforestation. With your valley's topsoil running off your cities should be showing signs of population decline. Your rivers should be brownish and your lake should have an unwholesome appearance.

Just some thoughts.
    Haha, great thoughts. There's still topsoil though. There's plants, bushes, grass, etc. Most of the trees are just gone. Although some areas have turned into a wasteland, meaning food shortages for everyone. Yay!

Oh, and I decided not to use any greens in this map because it's going to be printed black & white anyway.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

You are quickly becoming my idol when it comes to map creation in CC3