Thread: Free-Hand Tree... something like?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Personally, I think it looks fine as is. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I even snagged a copy for myself to learn from.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

I think Ascension is right your map is great like it is... but I would like to help you out. It might take me some time though...

Here is one brush I just made as a test to see if I can make that style... I think the test went well but that is for you to say. If you like this one I can make some more... just let me know what kind/shape of trees that you want?

The brush is made in Photoshop 7... the brush was set around 35px and the layer they are on was set to 70% opacity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map_test1..jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	24004

Tree-Brush1..zip

-RPGMM
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 04-21-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately the trees in my "PS" on my last post are for a winter map, so leafless trees and snow covered fir trees, probably not what you need. But if you want I can pull them off the map and upload them here. I have about 20 or so different versions of the leafless trees in my map and a dozen or so snow covered fir trees.

GP
    Sure! I like the style of those brushes, I would like to experiment in other projects

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Personally, I think it looks fine as is. I wouldn't change a thing on it. I even snagged a copy for myself to learn from.
    Thank you very much! You are right, that piece of map can be fine as is. My problem is that I do many other places, and I would differ a little vegetation.

My project is huge: I am a writer and I started drawing maps to add them to my stories. My world is gigantic, the map that I made just a bit. For this I need more variety of brushes.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmapmaker View Post
    I think Ascension is right your map is great like it is... but I would like to help you out. It might take me some time though...

Here is one brush I just made as a test to see if I can make that style... I think the test went well but that is for you to say. If you like this one I can make some more... just let me know what kind/shape of trees that you want?

The brush is made in Photoshop 7... the brush was set around 35px and the layer they are on was set to 70% opacity.

Name:	Map_test1..jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	24004

Tree-Brush1..zip

-RPGMM
    Thanks! Really a wonderful job, that's exactly what I wanted.

I need a couple of conifers, a couple or three trees with rounded leaves (like those of Tolkien's maps), one or two palms, a couple of dead trees and something for the marshes.

Thanks again for the wonderful work!

Post By the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    By the way, if you can help, I have put the model that I have built collecting brushes on the Internet.

Name:	Map Template..psd 
Views:	192 
Size:	374.6 KB 
ID:	24013

Well, I have made some more and re-touched some of my existing dead trees brushes and I think you will like most of them

let me know if you need more and what I might do to make the pack more to your liking.

Name:	wake_tree_pack..jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	24059

wake_tree_pack..zip

-RPGMM
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Great! All perfect, thank you very much! Would it be possible to do even a few palm trees or something to make an oasis?

Anyway, thank you for the wonderful job done!

So I see the move took out the palm trees I posted...

*Edit* Looks like I can upload attachments... not sure what the issue was but RobA said there is not an overall limit to attachments just some funny way the webhost limits the number of files in the folders. I am quite sure the Admins will work it out. For now here is the Palm Trees

Name:	tree_palms..jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	24096

wake_palms..zip

-RPGMM
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 04-25-2010 at 06:49 PM.