Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blackmount Empire

Blog Entries

I'm speechless. Have some rep.

wow still absolutely marvelous stuff here, and the trees haha I should of guessed they were the same from your tutorial (been pouring over it the last few days, messing around with the techniques, great work there!) But thanks, and keep up the good stuff.
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Here is a new sample, a closer look at one area. I have tweaked the water to have more feel to it and I ended up adding waves and some other small things. I like the outcome, but for some reason I keep on thinking that I like it because I spent so much time to create it. The modification is in several separate layers, so it is easy to edit and tweak if needed.
    I have also added a lot of forest all over the map and next I will extend to the south and southwest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire-2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	723.8 KB 
ID:	24172  

This is incredible work! Any chance of a more detailed tutorial
    Scott
    American by birth. Shaelic by choice
    Current projects: The Kingdom of Shaelia & The Republic of Clairone

I wrote a novel . . . and published it! Click here & check it out

Do you ever get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?
    ~ George Costanza

just when I'm trying to decide on how to create region maps, I find this ^.^ I saw your Bretoria map awhile ago and just adored it, but decided it was too great to replicate; this, on the other hand is too perfect for what I had in mind NOT to try it ^_^I'd love to know if you used Fractal Terrains for this, or some other terrain program - I work in Photoshop since I'm very particular about the shapes of my landmasses, but have a hard time with bringing the land to life, so to speak. I can't for the life of me get something that doesn't like too flat ^.^; Anyway, fantastic job!
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Alizarine he used a program called Geo Control, a marvelous program, but thats what gave him the depth and look of the mountains, (the black and white areas of the previous maps is from the program imported into photoshop, I believe he used photoshop atleast...") Then he used his personal techniques, many of which are from his tutorial, of course hes got his style perfected and looks amazing. (mind you it is a pain to replicate, I tried once with my experiment map Mardarin...)
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

OMG OMG. So cool. Well done.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Thank you guys, thank you... As Yandor says the ground works has been done with Geocontrol and outcome is a grayscale heightmap I export to Photoshop. Then I add new layers to mountains rivers, grassland, forest etc and put them to multiply on top of each other and start painting with suitable textures. The tricky part is to get good result from Geocontrol and I usually make several heightmaps and combine them into the final map in PS. One important thing is the creation / selection of suitable textures that match in color and scale.
    I try to post an update later today if I get enough done and in meanwhile I'm waiting for improvement suggestion...
    Last edited by pasis; 05-03-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Currently I'm painting mountains and rivers and will move to grassland textures tomorrow.

Name:	Empire-3.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	24381  

I decided to work on the wolcanic island located northeast from the empire. It's not going to be a fully active volcano, but a restles one with slowly erupting lava.

Somehow this still seems to be missing something, but I don't know what.

Name:	Empire-4.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	613.1 KB 
ID:	24426  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast