Thanks for the welcome.
I posted some pics (as you already discovered, Torstan) of some SketchUp models I was using - in this thread - but as you can imagine, the 2D pics don't exactly capture the full 3D experience. It's been a while since I played with some of those creations, and IIRC, the SKP files are actually really quite large (many MBs)
The Sharn Tower is something like 8 floors high, with almost everything one might imagine (it was my first SU creation, and it got a little out of hand - including an archery range, a billiard room and a pool on the roof . heh )

I find SU is best used as a sort of atmosphere builder - a kind of Player Handout, rather than an actual Battlemap. One key facility a software battle map needs is a shared environment. Map Tools can do this by restricting the viewable area to line-of-sight from the players tokens. About the only way I can think of to achieve that with SU is to have the model only on the GM's computer, and have him show the "current view" on a second monitor (or turn his screen around to show it).

That said, I enjoy using SU to model in 3D, and then export 2D snapshots, either of the players visual perspective for a handout, or of a top-down plan for use either directly as an actual battlemap, or as an import to some other paint program to tweak.