The village of Whitewash exemplifies the power of the Shaping Man. For their blasphemy, for clinging to their Harvest Goddess and her profane temple, He came in the night. Under the watchful eye of the Clyclopean Moon, the Shaping Man reduced their village and orchards to blasted swampland, leaving only their precious temple to mock their misplaced faith. Some say the villagers remain in Blackwash Mire, reshaped by His skillful touch, to protect their temple. The heretics claim they protect a secret deep beneath the harvest goddess’s temple; a secret that protected it from even the Shaping Man’s fury. But heretics will say anything.

Hi all,
I've been lurking about, trying to learn what I can from everyone on the boards and picking up a lot in the meantime. I've got a project I've been playing with the teach myself cartography, and I'm hoping to get some feedback.

It's just a work-in-progress, obviously; I don't have anything labeled or a scale or even know for sure if I like the layout. The biggest problems I'm having are making the map more immediately readable: It just looks like a big blob right now. I think it would help if I could make the trees (those purpley, greenish jumbles) actually look more like swamp-style cypress trees.

I'd appreciate any feedback. I've learned a lot from this forum and I respect your various skills a lot.