3 9.68%
  • Blue Winter's Branch - by paradox_wanderer

12 38.71%
  • Crows feet - a gnome bar and brewery - by tilt

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** April/May Lite Challenge Voting - All Bar None ***

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

had to go with the dwarven tunnel, though it was a tough pick between that and blue winters branch.
    Good job all!

hmm... these entries really get me in the mood for a good-ol' fashioned pub-crawl... now where to start .. and where to end...

First stop would be the blue winter ranch as the only way to climb a tree would be in a sober condition... I'll have a few sweet honey brews
    After that i'd visit the Delvolk's while the alcohol hasn't ruined my taste yet ... as their brewery looks like state of the art machinery...
    Next thing would be some goblin tossin at Truvvak's. And maybe flush down a few more. Just hope i can make it to the next one...
    Time for some more entertainment... A visit to the 99 ugly and 1 pretty woman as by now I start to see double and wanne see more then one pwetty woman
    if I'm still able to crawl I'll have my last few in the crows feet... probably ending up imitating the pubs logo somewhere at the waterfront ...

Real great entries all! cheers!

Blue Winter's Branch got my vote. It is a beautiful map, and I love the use of a giant honeycomb.

I gotta sat that I'm having as much fun reading your comments as I did making my maps. And if anyone wants it, i can put up the maps individually with and without the grids (like I did for the Demon Queen's Enclave).

though... next time, I'm including dwarf tossing in the back for my tavern games :-)
    She's taken to calling me "Abbot Fou". I like it. Pretty sure it means "Enlightened Warrior."

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

This was tough!! I ended up giving the vote to map vandal for being the only one to do a hand-drawn look

It was close..
    99 to 1 looked a bit too much like a temple and nothing made it look like a tavern to me (though the unusual factor was certainly accounted for in that regard)
    The Tunnel Tavern was *great* and a wonderful sense of humour showing through, and while I can say I've seen the occasional underground tavern location, none were set up in an actual tunnel
    Blue Winter's Branch was also very well done - it reminds me a lot of the tavern from the first Dragonlance books (can't recall the name of it).
    Crow's Feet was also well done, but it didn't come across as unusual to me (then again while I've seen hobbit taverns, i'll admit this is the first gnome tavern i recall)

But yeah, I'm letting my personal bias kick in this month and going for the hand-drawn look

(and since the rep machine seems to be arguing with me right now, I'll come back later to attend to that!)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Congratulations on your new shiny compass Aval

Blog Entries

Wow how close was that ! Congrats !

aye, gratz to Aval!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

congratulations Aval on a competition well won
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast