Thread: ReMapping Glacial Flanaess W.I.P.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks guys.

Very fascinating NeonKnight, using that in a campaign has so many interesting possibilities.

The dark green on the WIP is the original out line of the coasts, or maybe I should say the future outlines of the coasts of Greyhawk. The light green are the expanded coastlines and also includes some of the flooded areas. I'm keeping the original coast line just as a reference, then making changes from it. Much of my info has come from ice age wiki articles and a few helpful individuals over at the Canonfire! website, a Greyhawk fansite.

The land mass has increased by about 5-6% around the coasts (my guess, I used the expand selection tool and set it to 10 pixels), I really need to find a square area tool for photoshop, if anyone knows of one or where its hidden, let me know. The middle of the continent has been filled in with lakes, something along the lines of the great lakes of North America. This is an effect of the weight, that causes a depression in the continental land mass from the 2 mile thick ice sheets and from the water from the melting ice filling in this depression. Something along the same lines as what NeonKnight mentioned above. I'm also planning on making much of what is left more arid and any forests more south, dense and large with deciduous trees. Since this is the melting end of this ice age, the rivers have carved out vast ice canyons and I'm planning on showing 2 different plateaus for the thickness of the ice. Luckily for me the most recent Nat Geo has a good article on the melting ice in Greenland, so I'm planning on adding some of those features to make the glaciers more interesting. I'm not sure how to address marshes, seems with the dry land and air, marshes would have a hard time existing. My gut is telling me that one large cold marsh might be a very cool thing.

Any thought and suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by Boslok; 05-31-2010 at 01:59 PM.