Thread: [WIP] Unnamed continent for Magrathean (my first attempt at regional/world mapping)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pure awesomeness there, Joshua. Thank you once more.

A few more notes:
    - you missed the N in Fenrrifort
    - Littleyork is a single word
    - You missed the Z in Hoftz-Kunn
    - the two rivers in the mountainous region in which Xanten lies don't quite touch the sea
    - Finefort appears as a region or country rather than as a town
    - you forgot to add the boundaries between the three elven kingdoms (as is, there's only one)
    - you wrote "Vediota" instead of "Veditoa" in the northernmost dragonborn village
    - i wonder whether it would look slightly better if the Z in K'zim were lowercase; can we try it and see how it looks?

I love the new rivers and lakes, by the way. I don't think they disappear behind the political lines; maybe changing the shade of blue you used for the humans would help a little, though (just a suggestion; it's your call there). Would you mind adding a few more tiny rivers to the Fenrrifort area, please?

Congratulations on that snow effect; i absolutely love it. I also loved your volcano touch; makes the big bad dragon look even meaner.

I'm a little confused as to what the unnamed, square town icon west of Vasara is.

I noticed you did fade the southwestern end. Thanks for that. Some of the dark land-sea boundary lines are missing over there, but it's coming out great. It looks subtle enough to appear natural.

I also noticed that you added a greenish mist effect to the eladrin region (whose name i shall tell you shortly so that it doesn't appear as "Eladrin / Astral Sea"). I hadn't thought about that, and i really like the way it implies that the region is tied to another plane of existence without it actually having to be written.

All in all, i'm in love with that map. Can't wait to see the next revision!

Oh, i almost forgot! I'll attach a sketch of where some of the other cities lie (there are still many missing). I screwed up the map a little and some of the names may not be very readable, so here's the list:
    - Dankirk (human country south of Nidavellier)
    - Tanabel (capital of Dankirk)
    - Evakyl Rilark (city in Vasara)
    - Aussirra (city in Vasara)
    - Westmarch (city in Vasara)
    - Versveshivi (city in Vasara)
    - Ibahaliira Vargach (city in Vasara)
    - Usk (city in Vasara)
    - Bivnixvi Teiki (city in Vasara)
    - Malciv (city in Vasara)
    - Vilzriquathtor (city in Vasara)
    (all those weird-sounding names for the cities of Vasara actually mean various things in draconic; if you're interested, i can translate them into english for you)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	more_cities.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	26287